Job Title: Senior Oracle Cloud DW/BI Solution Architect
12-24 month contract to hire - don't have to convert but just be open to it in the future
Interview and start immediately
Must work in the Dallas downtown building, might be able to work from home occasionally
- you are a proven and sophisticated BI superstar, this is a unique opportunity to make a significant strategic impact on a fast-growing market leader. In the near term you will help us migrate to a new Oracle Cloud data warehouse and BI environment. You'll join and provide leadership to a strong, dynamic and evolving team.
- 7+ years architecting complex Data Warehouse, BI and Analytic solutions with a focus on the following Oracle BI tools.
- ADW (Autonomous Data Warehouse)
- OAC (Oracle Analytics Cloud)
- ODI (Oracle Data Integrator)
- OTBI (Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence)
- 10+ years of hands-on Oracle Data Warehouse and BI development experience including.
- Experience modeling Oracle ERP data. Experience data modeling additional Oracle transactional systems a plus.
- Experience with best practices of Business Intelligence architectures and processes such as Star Schema/Kimball dimensional data modelling.
- Release/change management.
- Engaging customers at all levels to understand challenges and needs to develop technical solutions.
- Projects requiring heavy integration.
- Mentoring & providing leadership to resources.
- Demos, scoping, validating and estimating.
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Knowledge of cloud and hybrid-cloud implementations including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Master Data Management (MDM) experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent technical education in a directly related area
You will be responsible to lead the design & implementation of a new ADW/OAC data warehouse/BI environment by participating in all phases of the solution life cycle. Your goal will be to deliver high quality solutions that meet the needs of multiple business stakeholders. You'll be involved in all aspects of the development processes, including testing, troubleshooting and support activities. The team follows an Agile Kanban methodology, so it is essential that you promote an environment of open communication and actively convey progress, challenges to making progress, and enhancement suggestions. We have team members throughout the country and internationally, and your ability to successfully collaborate with remote colleagues will be key. Although you'll work a typical Monday-Friday schedule, there may be occasional meetings that are conducted in the evening or early morning to accommodate other time zones.
Keys to Success
- A self-motivated individual, who can work under dynamic conditions and can foster productive relationships with diverse customers and colleagues.
- One who thrives in a dynamic environment, but also able to apply structure to processes.
- A critical thinker. Must be able to logically & clearly explain reasoning for decisions.
- Effective communicator. Must be able to express complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to understand and improve business processes.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solution design/concepts and tasks for the engineers.