Federal Government Business Development & Marketing Manager Job Summary
We are seeking an outgoing sales driven, and customer service-oriented business development & marketing manager to join our organization and work with our Business Development Team. In this role, you will be responsible for meeting with clients, educating them about our services, and guiding them to make the best decisions to leverage our service offerings to build their solutions and services portfolio. You’ll also play a key part in generating new business by identifying opportunities for potential Federal Contractor, Federal and State Government procurement opportunities.
Business Development & Marketing Manager Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain good relationships with clients so that the business can maximize the value of those relationships.
· Identify key contacts within the Federal Government and strategic vendor partnerships to establish and foster a rewarding relationship within various Public Sector agencies.
· Participate in one-on-one meetings with clients to explain services in an effort to build requirements.
· Understand the problems and challenges of clients and potential customers to identify ways our business solutions could better address those needs.
· Set revenue targets and then develop and execute a strategy to meet those.
· Grow business revenue by identifying new sales and business development opportunities.
· Seek opportunities to cross-sell or expand service offerings.
· Develop marketing and branding campaigns for existing and new customers
· Monitor and assess activities of our competitors to proactively refine our competitive edge and pursue opportunities accordingly.
· Research contract award trends and pipeline activity
· Provide excellent service in order to maintain a positive reputation for the business.
· Conduct research, analysis, and proposal development support.
Requirements and Qualifications
· Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to build, foster, and maintain positive professional public and private sector relationships.
· Must be familiar Program/Project Management, Solution Delivery, Quality Management, and IT Service Management industry best practices.
· Devotion to high-quality customer service.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to engage all levels of management.
· Must be able to take strategic goals and make tactical plans
· Keen analytical and research abilities
· Experience is grant or proposal writing is highly preferred.
· Knowledge of relationship management best practices.
· Problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
· Willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of the business and related services.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, management, or related field.
· 3+ years of experience in a sales, business development, and/or marketing role.
· Document and graphical publishing experience is a plus.,
· Must be goal oriented and able to derive business development and marketing plans to achieve organizational goals.