Human Resources Intern
Provivi Santa Monica, CA
- Posted: 20 days ago
Provivi™ is a California-based, globally operating AgTech company using pheromones to protect crops from major damaging insects. Our patented production method enables a step-change in the cost of manufacturing pheromones, allowing us to pioneer the use of this proven tool in high-acreage crops such as corn, rice, and soy.
Founded in 2013 by Nobel laureate Frances Arnold and Caltech scholars Pedro Coelho and Peter Meinhold, we are hiring the very best and brightest people to develop and commercialize our products.
Provivi™ is looking for a motivated HR Intern to work alongside our HR team during the summer of 2021. The HR Intern will support Provivi’s HR team in areas such as general administration, benefits, recruitment, onboarding, learning and development, and employee record keeping. The internship role will run approximately from mid-June through mid-August of 2021. The HR Intern must be available to work about 20 hours per week, this will be a paid internship.
- Perform general administrative duties including drafting documents, photocopying, scanning, and preparing mailings.
- Update company databases by entering new employee contact information, details, and more.
- Learn about the company’s HR policies, employee benefits, and other HR-related policies to be able to respond to any internal staff inquiries.
- Assist the HR department and talent acquisition team with onboarding activities for new hires.
- Schedule and confirm interviews with candidates.
- Post job ads on general career websites, university, and college career websites.
- Support the HR team as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years old at time of start.
- Have an interest in Human Resources as a career choice and strongly interested in an internship opportunity related to HR.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to deal with a variety of people comfortably and pleasantly.
- Have the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Proven experience working in an office environment.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Good understanding of full cycle recruiting.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Provivi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, or any other legally-protected factors.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSanta Monica, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Provivi