Lead the sales effort in the assigned geographic territory. Develop existing and new customers identifying opportunities for new equipment sales and supporting aftermarket sales opportunities. Work with agents in assigned region (as applicable) to drive sales. Drive continuing, profitable sales growth of all assigned equipment brands and models. Exemplify sales ability, team selling leadership and drive to meet sales targets. Apply approved sales methodology in all sales related functions. Identify opportunities to extract the "Voice of the Customer" for new product development and innovation and communicate to our ITeam. Monitor competitor activities, including new product introductions, organizational changes and pricing. Monitor and communicate to the Sales and Service team market conditions that affect our business and potential for sales growth. Communicate customer meeting objectives, outcomes and next steps through weekly call reports. Maintain accurate sales pipeline and adhere to assigned expense budgets. Work with Customer Service Representative in assigned territory identifying aftermarket leads and opportunities.
- Travel within the assigned geographic sales territory to follow up on and generate Provisur leads and opportunities, uncover customer/prospect problems, demonstrate Provisur equipment and applications of assigned product line(s), present solutions with compelling value proposition including ROI analysis that differentiates Provisur from competitors and close sales.
- Management of key and target accounts in assigned region conducting annual and bi annual account reviews to uncover equipment and aftermarket opportunities, dissatisfaction with Provisur products and services, and develop an action plan for the year.
- Prospect existing markets and target alternative markets to expand customer base.
- Coordinate all functional activities including Sales, Service, Engineering and Product Development as needed to meet customer expectations.
- Meet or exceed target customer visits in assigned region preparing and submitting call reports for each customer visit communicating equipment sales opportunities with action items and assignments, competitive activity, performance problems with Provisur products and services, and aftermarket leads.
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING:
- Maintain calendar, opportunities, accounts, and contacts in Salesforce
- Update Success Factors monthly
- Manage individual annual expense budget
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
- Participate in meetings and conference calls.
- Maintain personal sales skill level through company provided material and training as well as personal study and development.
- Accomplish work in an organized, timely manner producing necessary results in spite of unforeseen changes; communicate effectively and alert team members and supervision if deadlines are in jeopardy; maintain high ethical and quality standards; and correct your own errors; and, regularly produce accurate, thorough, professional work.
- Additionally, recommend continuous improvement ideas and assist in implementation as required; take personal responsibility for service excellence, sustainability and safe working practices; and, understand and adhere to our Principles & Values and all company policies and procedures
JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to prospect and close sales in a long cycle sales environment using “value selling” techniques at a plant and corporate level.
- Ability to lead growth initiatives at the customer leveraging our technical and service team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Must be a self-starter and able to build relationships.
- Language fluency in English and, if applicable, specific to the needs of the assigned region.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Five years of experience selling capital machinery into the food processing industry.
- Meat industry experience is preferred
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR TRAINING REQUIREMENT:
- Bachelor of Science in Management/Marketing/Engineering or equivalent experience.
Join our team of talented associates who take pride in their work, are creative and innovative, and who believe in quality and service excellence. As a part of our team, you’ll receive the support and tools you need to advance in your career, provide maximum value to our customers, and achieve your professional goals. We offer a competitive compensation and generous benefit package.
Apply today. You will be glad you did!