Senior Network Administrator - Remote
- Posted: April 06, 2022
- Fully Remote but prefer candidates to be in the Eastern or Central Time Zones. Some occasional travel to the offices in Cleveland or Chicago may be necessary but no more than a few times per year.
- Communication Skills are very critical in this role.
- Implementing a totally new WAN Solution, Brand new Infrastructure.
- The specific tech vendors listed are desired butalso flexible.
The Senior Network Administrator will have shared responsibility for maintaining the network infrastructure. You will also assist in setting the strategic direction of the network and supporting the current infrastructure including, but not limited to, network switches, routers, wireless networks, firewalls, SdWan devices, and voice systems.
- Identify, plan, and develop network infrastructure to support for current and future growth.
- Proactively research and deploy new tools and equipment to reduce downtime, support data consistency and company security.
- Work to develop roadmaps for the future of the network infrastructure.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and continual cross-training for network administrators.
- Ensure documentation and network maps are up to date and secured.
- Work with team on vendor relationships by attending roadmap meetings and participating in vendor selection.
- Setup, configure, administer, and maintain network environment.
- Identify advances in network solutions that will improve performance and availability of critical systems.
- Review and monitor production environments for performance and bottlenecks.
- Troubleshoot test and production systems to maintain availability and optimization.
- Administer and maintain network infrastructure by performing upgrades, correcting bottlenecks, and continually reviewing network performance and availability.
- Identify advancements in network infrastructure that will improve performance and availability.
- Provide hardware support for network equipment and components, including software/hardware installation and troubleshooting.
- Monitor network operations, identifying, reporting, and resolving malfunctions.
- Escalate problems to the appropriate team/person when necessary.
- Assist in testing and implementing network software and hardware.
- Coordinate hardware and software changes and upgrades to network equipment.
- Consult with end users to determine needs, evaluate software application and hardware products to determined potential use.
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.) and industry best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology and 5+ years relevant Networking experience.
- Strong knowledge of IT/Infosec guidelines, VLAN, firewall, content filtering, and network infrastructure
- Expert level experience with Firewall technology
- Network performance monitoring and operations center solution
- Experience with network interfaces to O365
- Background in Information Security "Best Practices", around network and firewall, penetration tests
- Continuity planning/disaster recovery processes as it pertains to the network design
- Strong documentation skills (SOP's, Work Instructions, Visio diagrams)
- Project planning and coordination
- Switch technology (Cisco-Meraki Preferred)
- SdWan (Silverpeak Preferred)
- Wireless (Meraki preferred)
- IP Telephone system experience (Avaya or cloud solution preferred)
- Experience with the specific technologies/vendor products are preferred:
- Palo Alto Firewalls / GlobalProtect VPN / Prisma / Panorama / Endpoint Protection
- Cisco, PaloAlto, Silverpeak, Meraki,
TechnologyView all jobs at Provision People