Job Title: Certified Medical Tech
Job Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Job Status: All *New Community*
Reports To: Director of Nursing
Provision Living, LLC, is a growing premier senior living organization, focused on assisted living and memory care services. For us, it’s All About Living Your Passion! From our residents, to our associates, to the greater communities we serve, Provision Living’s aim is to maximize the potential of every life we touch, and we do so by living into our vision of helping elders and families thrive by creating a culture that radiates love, inspiration and fulfillment.
As the CMT, reporting directly to the Director of Nursing, you will provide support, direct care, and administer prescribed medications to the residents in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Administer prescribed medications to patients and maintain related medical records under immediate supervision of the nurse on duty
- Verify identity of patient receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage, and time of administration on specific forms or records
- Take vital signs or observe patient to detect response to specified types of medications, and prepare report or notify designated personnel of unexpected reaction
- Present medication to patient and observe ingestion or other application, or administer medication, using specified procedures
- Document reason prescribed drugs are not administered
- Provide direct patient care, such as bathing, dressing, and feeding patients, and assisting in examination and treatments.
- Receive supply of ordered medications and apportion, mix, or assemble drugs for administration to patient
- Ensure that all medication is kept in a secure location at all times
- Follow the Rights of Medication Administration at all times
- Record and restock medication inventory
- Other duties as assigned
Some shift supervision
- Must have current state Certified Medication Technician and Certified Nurse Assistant certification
- Ideal to have some experience in a senior care community with proven leadership and organizational skills
- Great communication and interpersonal skills are required along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible
- Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill in multi-tasking
- Respect for the principles of resident rights and confidentiality
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Living (where applicable), as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness toward all residents, visitors, associates and the overall community
- Knowledge and ability to use Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word applications
Education and/or Experience:
- CMT certification, required
- CNA certification, required
- 2-4 years of previous experience, preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, preferred
Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs, bend, maintain stationary position, move freely, operate equipment, ascend/descend freely, and position self to reach equipment above or below normal standing height.
Benefits & Compensation:
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, and employer paid basic life and AD&D insurance.