Job Title: Resident Care Assistant- Care Giver
Job Location: University Living Ann Arbor, MI
Job Status: FT- Days
University Living is conveniently located just off the I-94 Expressway, close to Briarwood Mall, the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. University Living is a 79-apartment senior living community that was intentionally designed to meet the unique needs of older adults providing both assisted living and memory care services. University Living is a Provision Living community and aims to maximize the potential of every life we touch. This includes our residents and the team of passionate professionals that serve them.
As a Resident Care Associate, you will provide support and care to the residents in activities of daily living, fostering independence, promoting individuality, while respecting and protecting each resident’s right to privacy in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations. Also, you will support the team in optimizing each resident’s well-being and overall experience.
Support, encourage and assist residents with activities of daily living, to include bathing support, medication reminders, assistance with clothing and other needs as appropriate
- Escort residents to the dining room and other activity events as needed
- Respond promptly to the Emergency Call System to assist residents with their needs
- Report to Management any deviations or changes observed in resident
- Deliver meal trays to apartments of residents upon request
- Assist with housekeeping which includes cleaning resident apartments, common areas, and laundry duties
- Assist with meal service, including the serving of meals to residents in the dining room, as well as clean up duties including washing dishes, mopping floors, etc.
- Cross train and share in duties as needed in all areas including visitor tours, answering phones, helping with activities, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- CNA and First Aid certification preferred
- 0-2 years of previous work experience
- Clearly communicate with residents, employees, resident families and visitors in English
- Read and interpret general directives
- Effectively respond to questions from employees, managers, clients, customers and public
- Organize and delegate work among fellow employees to ensure that all work is complete
- Read proper dosage measure amounts
- Identify problems and use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Possess a general appreciate of seniors and an understanding of the aging process, as well as be aware of its challenge
- Maintain and promote a good working relationship with staff, families and residents is essential
- Exhibit and promote a high level of customer service and hospitality towards and among all residents, employees, visitors and the community
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs, bend, maintain stationary position, move freely, operate equipment, ascend/descend freely, and position self to reach equipment above or below normal standing height
Benefits & Compensation:
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, and employer paid basic life and AD&D insurance.