University Living, a Provision Living community, was created with the sole purpose of providing elders and their families with exceptional assisted living and memory care services. We believe our unique talents fit together to provide extraordinary care.
If you are interested in joining a team of passionate professionals, we’re hiring an Activities Assistant, reporting directly to the Activities Manager, you will support the community activities by planning, organizing and facilitating a program of activities, which include physical, emotional, educational, spiritual, and leisure stimulation for resident’s participation. Additionally, you will assist new residents with orientation and with support during the move-in process.
- Perform all activity tasks as directed by the Activities Manager and/or Executive Director
- Assist and support daily activity programs and involve residents in activities
- Conduct one-on-one sessions with residents and complete the necessary documentation
- Document all unusual behaviors, incidents and accidents
- Assist residents to ambulate, transfer, or transport during activities
- Complete the communication log as described in the communication log policy
- Monitor activity supply levels and order supplies if needed
- Ensure all Activity and Company procedures, protocol, and policies are adhered
- Participate in resident activity assessments and care plan development
- Serve as a catalyst in developing friendships between residents and in promoting the social model
- Assist with special events at the community as requested, including parties, support groups and outings
- Answer the telephone in a prompt, respectful manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Availability every other weekend is required
- One (1) year of experience in a senior care community with proven leadership and organizational skills, is preferred
- Great communication and interpersonal skills are required along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill in multi-tasking
- Respect for the principles of resident rights and confidentiality
- Possess a basic knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding Assisted Living, Memory Care
- Ability to use the internet, MS Office, and outlook
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years of experience
- Some CNA experience is a plus
Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs, bend, maintain stationary position, move freely, operate equipment, ascend/descend freely, and position self to reach equipment above or below normal standing height
Benefits & Compensation:
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, and employer paid basic life and AD&D insurance.
Why Work Here?Provision Living is a premier senior living organization, focused on assisted living and memory care services. For us, it’s All About Living Your Passion! From our residents, to our associates, to the greater communities we serve, Provision Living’s aim is to maximize the potential of every life we touch, and we do so by living into our vision of helping elders and families thrive by creating a culture that radiates love, inspiration and fulfillment
At Provision Living we believe you are what makes us unique.