Mile Square Health Center is seeking to hire a full-time Physician Assistant in our Rockford, IL orthopedic clinic. Under administrative direction, independently perform physical examinations for a broad range of patients (pediatric to geriatric) to diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, and other disorders. Responsible for selecting and utilizing appropriate diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures for clients. Group offers excellent compensation and benefits package. Experienced candidates or new graduates with a passion for orthopedics are welcome to apply.
• Works within the Bylaws of the University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System and in adherence to hospital and divisional policy.
• Provide and manage direct patient care including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment.
• Triage patients to differentiate between immediate and less urgent care.
• Order diagnostic tests such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests and interpret test results.
• Perform digital blocks and regional anesthesia.
• Perform minor outpatient surgical procedures such as tendon repair, wound closure and management, incision and drainage, and needle biopsy.
• Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as aspirations and injection of joints, bursas, and cysts.
• Perform closed reductions of fractures and dislocations.
• Apply and modify braces, casts, splints, and other orthopedic appliances.
• Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
• Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.
• Communicate with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information.
• Communicate patient needs, diagnosis, and course of treatment to the patient, company, as well as other clinical staff and instruct and educate patients about discharge instructions if applicable.
• Participate in Mile Square and UI Health required Learning System Management modules and perform CME credits to maintain license.
• Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
• Current license as a Physician Assistant in the State of Illinois required.
• Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required.
• Current National Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
• Current IL controlled substance licensure and Federal DEA.
• Effective communication skills (oral and written) that facilitate therapeutic relationships between physician, APN and PA providers as well as college and hospital leadership and the multi-disciplinary team.
• Documentation in the medical record to substantiate accurate billing.
• Clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, or ambulatory care setting is preferred.
• Knowledge of basic ER, internal medicine, generalist, occupational medicine, and family practice procedures.
• Ability to use the necessary equipment such as the nebulizer, EKG machine, etc. Intermediate computer skills.
• Bilingual preferred not required.
Salary & Benefits:
UI Health offers competitive benefit packages, including: vacation days, paid holidays, Floating Holidays, State University Retirement System, tuition waiver, tuition discount for dependents, and excellent medical, dental, and vision packages.
For fullest consideration, please submit a completed application and supplemental resume to jobs.uic.edu/rockford by June 23, 2020. Applications will be accepted until July 24, 2020.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.