In 1971, Yale University began a unique and historic experiment providing health services to its facility, staff and students through a multidisciplinary health maintenance organization located on campus. Now, 47 years later, Yale Health has more than 37,000 members including students, staff, faculty and their families who come from every state in the country and almost every country in the world. Experienced candidates or new graduates with a passion for pediatrics are welcome to apply. Group offers excellent compensation and benefits package.
Our state-of-the-art facility at 55 Lock Street, built in 2010, is where our members receive most of their care. It is a 144,000 square foot medical facility with over 90 exam rooms, a 24/7 Acute Care Department, a 17-bed inpatient facility with two negative pressure rooms, a diagnostic imaging suite including MR and CT scan, x-ray and ultrasound and a full-service retail pharmacy. It houses our 150+ providers, including 111 primary and consulting physicians.
As a member of the Department of Pediatrics provide seamless, coordinated and compassionate care at every patient encounter at Yale Health. The Advanced Practice Practitioner will serve as a Primary Care Clinician in the Pediatrics Department of Yale Health. Yale Health is an NCQA-recognized Patient Centered Medical Home. As part of a Pediatrics team, provide comprehensive primary medical care to an assigned panel of patients, including well child care, preventive care and physical examinations, assessment and management of acute issues, appropriate monitoring of chronic illness and assessment of emotional health and well-being; recommend referrals to specialists as needed, provides rapid access care, participate in cross-coverage for absent primary care team members; commit to medically appropriate care that is patient-centered, evidence-based, compassionate and cost-effective. Abides by departmental and organizational standards of patient service and responsiveness, including but not limited to timely and appropriate communication of test results and timely response to patient messages.
• Define and document patients’ clinical problems and reach proper diagnoses; plan and execute therapy in a timely manner; documents appropriately and timely records of patient care and medical data in the EMR; provide consultation and teaching for staff and clinicians.
• Round and sign out patients in a timely, thorough manner and answer calls and pages promptly.
• In rotation, see patients in Acute Care on Saturdays and Sundays for several hours.
• Cooperative and supportive of nurses and other front-line staff; willingness to see walk-in and call-in patients when asked by support staff.
• Concern for the welfare of all YHP patients – work to build and provide care not only for their individual panel, but be readily available as backup for other colleagues.
• Flexibility in adjusting appointment schedules to meet changing clinical demands and a willingness to consider the needs of the department and other physicians when scheduling time off.
• Regularly attend and participate in department meetings and committee assignments.
• Meet regularly with Department Chief and Manager.
Required Education and Experience: Graduation from a Physician Assistant (PA) Training Program accredited by the American Medical Association Council on Medical Education or Master’s Degree from an accredited Advanced Nurse Practitioner program.
• Demonstrated clinical skills with the ability to assess and manage acute issues.
• Well-developed oral and written communication, organizational and training skills. Superior interpersonal skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations related to administering medications and maintaining appropriate medical records.
• Adheres to organizational standards of medical documentation with electronic health records (Epic) including but not limited to: timely completion of notes, appropriate documentation of non-visit related transactions, appropriate and timely management of Inbasket.
• Excellent attendance, punctuality and reliability.
• Preferred Education and Experience: Pediatric primary care experience.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/Yale_58719BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Please also apply to this link: http://bit.ly/Yale_58719BR.