Center For Sight is one of the nation’s leading multi-specialty physician groups as an immediate need for an Ophthalmic Assistant. We provide patients worldwide with care in ophthalmology, optometry, dermatology and cosmetic facial surgery. With eleven locations, over 35 providers, and 350 team members, Center For Sight is the largest practice in Southwest Florida, managing over 100,000 patient visits per year.
Providing an outstanding patient experience is extremely important to our team and our efforts have led us to be recognized as the practice of choice in Southwest Florida by local residents in the Sarasota Herald Tribune “Readers’ Choice Awards,” year after year. We are proud to be named the #1 practice in the area; an honor that wouldn’t be possible without employing the best and brightest team members to help us deliver world class patient service. We believe in hiring right and providing our team with ample opportunities for advancement and training. We invite you to explore our open opportunities and learn more about our practice.
An Ophthalmic Assistant works with the ophthalmologists and optometrists to provide patient care by performing many different eye-related clinical functions. Ophthalmic Assistants help care for patients by taking histories, performing various procedures and tests, and preparing patients to see the doctor. Their work provides the ophthalmologists and optometrists with important information to help diagnose and treat patients.
Center For Sight is looking for candidates that are Certified Ophthalmology professionals as well as people that are looking to make a career change and would like to join our fabulous growing team. Excellent customer service skills are a must! Travel to multiple locations may be required.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes: health, life, disability and dental insurance, matching 401K plan, generous vacation and holiday pay, and many employee discounts.
Drug and Smoke Free Workplace
About the Area: Sarasota
Siesta Key Beach has been named the #1 Beach in the USA and the city is the 10th fastest growing metropolitan area in the nation according to the U.S. Census Bureau. In addition, the Sarasota County school system is one of the highest ranked in Florida, which is also home to Pine View, a gifted magnet school continually ranked as the #1 high school in the state. With its beautiful beaches, no state income tax, and rapidly growing population, Sarasota provides an idyllic opportunity to live and work in paradise.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (other duties as required):
1. Participates in the delivery of patient care in an effective manner as evidenced by company standards and policies.
2. Performs stocking and maintenance functions as evidenced by inventory.
3. Maintains physical environment of exam and procedure rooms as evidenced by company standards and policies.
4. Performs various clerical functions such as, returning patient calls, processing prescriptions, recording patient information in Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and scanning pertinent information into EMR.
5. Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the work place as evidenced by company policies and standards.
6. Interacts with patients and visitors in a courteous manner as evidenced by company standards and policies.
7. Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patients and co-workers, demonstrates respect for individual, cultural and social differences.
8. Contributes to the positive atmosphere of the work environment as evidenced by company standards and policies.
9. Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
10. Supports the development of other staff.
11. Adherence to applicable laws, regulations and contractual obligations. Follows the principles of the Compliance Program as well as the Center For Sight Code of Conduct.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of material, methods, instruments and equipment.
3. Demonstrated ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations.
4. Must be able to maintain high degree of confidentiality. Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment and manage time accordingly in order to meet deadlines and requirements of the organization.
The position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Fast-paced, deadline oriented, confidential department. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Demonstrated ability to do excessive walking, standing, bending and stooping. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or control, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, kneel and crouch.
The employee may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (50-90 pounds). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. with occasional overtime.
Travel and driving required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A high school graduate or equivalent
• Excellent customer service skills
• Willingness to learn and excel
• A valid Florida driver’s license
• A history of safe driving as indicated by a driving record
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.