Clinical Psychologist (primary care)
Eglin AFB, FL
Normal schedule is Monday - Friday, 9 hours between 7:00am and 4:00pm, with a one-hour lunch.
No Call, No Weekends, No Holidays!
Job Specific Duties: The type of work may include, but is not limited to, the following:
• Practice within the guidelines of their state licensing board, American Psychological Association Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct, and MTF privileges.
• Conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews, psychological testing, and collateral sources, as appropriate.
• Establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders.
• Provide psychological treatment for individuals and groups; help medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries.
• Assist in rehabilitation of patients.
• Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: Quality Improvement meeting, professional staff meetings, Commander's staff meetings, Mental Health Flight meetings, and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the Mental Health Flight Commander or his/her designated representative.
• Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health psychology.
• Clinical/Counseling Psychology. Responsible for and applies psychological procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, evidenced-based therapies, and psychological testing/psychodiagnostic testing, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders. The following are desirable skills:
* Individual, family and group psychotherapy, and couples therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
* Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
* Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records and inpatient medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required.
• Participates in military specific training (e.g., training to perform Command Directed Evaluations, security clearances, Military Training Instructor clearances, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress).
• Documentation. Contractor employees shall prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established MTF standards, to include, but not limited to: timeliness, accuracy, content, and signature.
* Medical Records Documentation. Health care providers shall complete medical records documentation within 72 business hours of the encounter with the patient.
* Coding. Contractor employees shall use the proper coding of procedures and treatment, and shall maintain coding accuracy (CPT/E&M/procedure) at the same standard, 90% or higher, as military and civil service health care providers engaged in comparable work.
* Education: Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA accredited psychology program.
* Internship/Residency: Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association.
* Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Licensed Clinical Psychologist within the last 3 years.
* License: Active, unrestricted license to practice as a Clinical Psychologist from any state.
* Life Support Certification: Possess a current AHA or ARC BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.
Providence Staffing LLC