St. Mary Medical Center
Apple Valley, California
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Director, Communication to our Hospital in Apple Valley, CA.
We are seeking a Director, Communication to be a key strategic partner with executive leadership, leading internal/external communication efforts (media relations, crisis communication, organizational communication, community relations, social media and executive communication) and delivering consistent, clear messaging to all Providence St. Joseph Health audiences. The director leads the communication team responsible for providing organization-wide strategy, planning and delivery of communication initiatives in support of the Providence St. Joseph Health strategic priorities. The director aligns communication efforts and initiatives across geographic regions, multiple facilities and diverse business units and ensures the organizational voice and narrative, and Mission, Vision and Values of PSJH are present in all communication efforts.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Directs strategy, planning and execution for complex and large-scale communication plans and programs, major organizational campaigns and initiatives related to media relations, crisis management, organizational communication, social media, community relations and executive communication
• Leads and directs people and/or multi-disciplinary teams in communication plan development and execution. Reports on progress and assigns tasks to meet organizational goals and objectives.
• Directs and manages high-performing, engaged teams and caregivers through servant leadership and mentoring.
• Able to write, edit and approve high-quality communication plans, messaging and copy that meets PSJH standards.
• Works collaboratively with leadership and stakeholders to develop communication strategies, employee/caregiver communication, executive communication, public relations, media relations, issues/crisis management, thought leadership and social media/influencer strategies to promote and enhance the reputation of PSJH and our family of organizations.
• Reinforce, enhance and grow the organizational voice and narrative of Providence St. Joseph Health through consistent, proactive communication sharing.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, marketing, business administration or related field, with master’s preferred.
• 7+ years demonstrated senior management experience in leading broad-based and successful communication teams and programs.
• Demonstrated experience managing communication programs and business relationships.
• Demonstrated experience working in highly matrixed and geographically dispersed organizations and teams.
• Demonstrated writing and editing excellence.
• Demonstrated health care experience.
• Deep knowledge of integrated health care and communication practices.
• Ability to create strong, strategic business relationships with senior executives and board leadership at both the organizational and region/ministry levels.
• Ability to work collaboratively across a diverse, matrixed marketing and communication team to ensure messaging and programs are delivered quickly, consistently and powerfully across multiple channels and locations.
• Ability to drive proactive, powerful messaging in support of a brand position.
• Agility and flexibility in coordinating multiple high-level projects, and just-in-time issues and work assignments.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• MBA or MHA preferred.
• Communication experience in health care.
• Experience in a faith-based health system/organization.
St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico.
SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations.
SJH maintains a 'continuum of care,' matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states.
For the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor - the Great Workplace Award.
SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system.
St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do.
Excellent compensation program and benefits provided.
St. Joseph Health (SJH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Health (SJH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
When applying online, please reference job number R297007.
St. Joseph Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.