Chief Executive Officer CEO
Providence Medical Center Wayne, NE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The CEO is responsible and accountable for organizational operations, management, compliance, and administration of Providence Medical Center (PMC) as measured by organizational performance measures consistent with the mission, vision and values. This position reports to the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Emphasis on Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Hospital Administration, Public Health, Business Administration or Management, or related field preferred.
- Proven senior leadership experience in a critical access hospital preferred.
- Experience as a CEO, COO, CFO, or similar role to include working with physicians/physician groups preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years healthcare CEO/Administrator experience preferred.
- Informs and educates the governing board in current trends, issues, problems and activities in health care. Recommends hospital policy positions concerning legislation, government, administrative policies and other matters of policy.
- Participates with the board in developing a strategic plan that meets the short term and long-term goals of PMC.
- Helps identify potential board members and committee members from the area.
- Specifies personnel accountabilities and evaluates performance.
- Selects, develops and maintains a successful administrative team.
- Leads in education programs, participating as a mentor when necessary. Pursues formal and informal education in health care management.
- Sets the culture for the organization.
- Encourages and builds individual team relationships that promote high morale.
- Develops and maintains a sound plan for the hospital, assigning clear authority and accountability.
- Provides for and encourages a continuous quality improvement environment through a participative and respectful management style. Ensures that quality is an integral component of PMC’s culture.
- Accurately evaluates the strengths and challenges of the administrative team members, providing constructive feedback and coaching as necessary.
Medical Staff Relations
- Ensures institutional operating stability by creating a working environment that is satisfactory to the medical staff.
- Monitors the adequacy of the hospital’s medical activities through coordination with the board, medical staff, and hospital personnel.
- Ensures that regulated standards of care are instituted and maintained to provide patients with the highest level of professional care.
- Maintains positive relationships and collaborates with the medical staff to assure quality of clinical practices and efficient healthcare delivery.
- Assures the sound fiscal operation of the institution including timely, accurate, and comprehensive development of an annual budget and its implementation.
- Recommends annual capital and operational budgets to the board for approval.
- Analyzes financial performance and monitors economic, legislative and industry indices to evaluate strategic options and opportunities.
- Communicates to the board any legal matters and is involved in the resolutions of all such matters.
- Monitors organizational compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Assures availability of services to meet the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of the patients, medical staff, and employees.
- Listens to the staff, volunteers, and patients to improve service and generate community involvement with the hospital.
- Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with the business community and with other hospitals.
- Professionally and positively represents the organization with all the appropriate healthcare, hospital, and professional organizations.
- Professionally and positively represents the organization within the community working to assess and meet the healthcare needs of the community.
- Participates and supports philanthropic efforts of the organization.
The Medical Center offers over 20 unique specialty physician services through the Outpatient Clinic and performs 14,000 procedures annually utilizing Providence’s laboratory, imaging, and surgical services. In addition to these services, PMC is home to several highly specialized behavior health, rehabilitation therapy, and wellness programs. PMC has received numerous national recognitions for providing high-quality services, making it the clear choice for more than 15,000 area rural residents served.
PMC employs over 200 individuals, making it one of the largest employers in Wayne and the surrounding area. Our team of professionals is committed to carrying out PMC’s mission of providing quality healthcare in the Spirit of Christ.
PMC provides a great opportunity for any healthcare executive seeking to find a progressive organization that offers a state of the art facility, dedicated staff and strong community support.
Providence Medical Center
1200 Providence RoadWayne, NE
BusinessView all jobs at Providence Medical Center