Humanities Teacher (High School)
Providence High School Chandler, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Providence High School is looking to add a Humanities Teacher to our school for the remainder of the school year.
Are you ready to make a difference for High School Students? We welcome candidates just starting their career, considering a change as well as experienced teachers and talented school leaders. We are looking for a committed Teacher to complement our qualified workforce of educators. You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school's requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills. The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the students' interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
Providence High School is a tuition free Public Charter High School in Chandler, Arizona, on the corner of Warner and Arizona Ave. We have identified a significant need in our community to better serve students who have struggled to achieve academic success in traditional High Schools due to behavioral and emotional obstacles. All students have their own unique challenges that may have created academic barriers in the past. However, our curriculum and expertise concentrate on developing and strengthening students through a holistic, trauma informed approach. PHS is designed to have small classroom sizes.
PHS combines instructional rigor and relationship focused interventions to achieve an environment where students feel safe and welcomed as they continue to grow and achieve their goals. Our school professionals ensure our students' growth by providing support academically, behaviorally, socially, and emotionally. We measure our success through test scores and graduation rates, but truly achieve success through helping our students reach their full potential.
For more information about our open positions please visit our website at http://providencehighschool.org/home/about-us/employment/
- Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in education;
- Must be have or in the process of obtaining an Department of Arizona Teaching Certification; or in an accelerated teaching program
- Must have or be able to obtain a Non-restricted Level 1 IVP Fingerprint Card
Responsibilities may include:
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record students' progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Observe and understand students' behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
- Proven experience as a teacher
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school's policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
Providence High School has an excellent benefit packages:
- Full Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Packages
- Discounted Day Care services in Chandler
- PHS participates in Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Aflac stipend packages
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
Providence High SchoolWhy Work Here?
We enable our students to realize their unique talents while mastering core academic skills and developing the social-emotion strengths.
JOIN OUR REVOLUTION! We are changing the education system. Providence High School is a tuition-free public charter school designed to develop and strengthen students through a holistic approach. We believe in students’ individuality and celebrate the diversity they bring to our school. We believe that students should understand the practical purposes of what they are learning, and understand how to apply their knowledge and skills throughout their lives. We welcome talented candidates ready to help students achieve academic excellence through overcoming their unique challenges that may have created academic barriers in the past. We are looking for energetic, dedicated, and compassionate individuals who enjoy working in a supportive, collaborative environment. We value perseverance and openness, and offer creative freedom over your curriculum.