Providence is calling a Supply Chain Technician to Providence Health & Services in Walla Walla, WA .
The Supply Chain Technician I is an entry-level position based in the local ministry this position supports. This position is responsible for typical supply chain operations and logistics functions to include receiving, distribution, picking, put-away, product delivery and par/point of use replenishment and stocking as well as input of patient charges as directed. This position also is responsible for working with customers within their specific ministry ensuring an effective and streamlined supply chain experience at the local ministry/site for all caregivers they serve.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for issuing and delivery of supplies and equipment meeting supply chain productivity goals throughout the servicing ministry.
- Process and receive incoming and outbound freight using the Lawson MMIS system and performs stocking, order fulfillment, and delivery of materials and supplies. Processes the shipping of returns.
- Deliver supplies and equipment to facility departments. Utilizes computerized inventory system to accomplish tasks.
- Respond to inventory supply requests. Replenishes pars according to min/max protocol by utilization of handhelds or other point of use systems. Assist in the completion of periodic cycle counts.
- Initiate and finalize all data entry of medical and non-medical supplies to the departments.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent or a combination of education and directly applicable related work experience.
- Relevant experience in a warehouse or storeroom environment, preferably one in which an electronic inventory management system was used.
- Health stream Customer Service Certification or must be completed within 30 days of hire.
- Basic computer and software skills. Ability to operate office equipment, computers, fax, copier, etc. required.
- Must be able to understand and utilize the inventory, distribution and receiving capabilities of the Lawson MMIS system.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and adapt to change at a sometimes rapid pace.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and push wheeled carts weighing up to 800lbs over hard surfaces.
- Medical materials management experience
- Clean driving record and proof of current vehicle insurance preferred.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
This is a standard statement that is being used across all regions in the company and is not editable.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Business Professional
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 235083