Providence is calling a Social Worker (Pace Redmond Dept, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to the Providence PACE Program in Washington.
We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This is a multi-center/float position where you will be assigned to work at one of our four ElderPlace sites - Redmond, Kent, Seattle, and West Seattle. The schedule will be Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm.
In this position you will:
- Complete comprehensive social work assessment and periodic reassessment of participants, including mental status tools.
- Implement social work treatment plans and monitor effectiveness of interventions.
- Identify placement options for participants in the continuum of care settings and coordinate services during transition periods.
- Provide participants and their families with psychosocial support and education in dealing with life transitions and end of life issues.
- Identify ongoing mental health needs and coordinate treatment services for participants.
- Serve as a liaison and advocate with community agencies to ensure participants receive the full range of services for which they are eligible.
- Interpret fiscal assessment of eligibility and fees to participants and/or representatives as needed.
- Provide technical assistance in completing applications for community and government-sponsored programs.
- Assist each participant, caregiver, other staff in understanding the social/emotional factors related to health problems and each participant's unique life history and situation.
- Work closely with the interdisciplinary team to accomplish all of the above.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work or equivalent education/experience
- Washington State Agency Affiliated Counselor
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Valid Washington State driver's license, and automobile insurance
- 1 year work experience with the frail geriatric population
- 2 years social work experience including effective work with geriatric age groups from diverse ethnic cultures
Providence ElderPlace, located in Seattle, WA, is a PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly), which keeps older adults as healthy as possible in the community. We provide comprehensive health care and social services including: primary and specialty medical care, a day health program, social work services, rehabilitation, housing (if necessary) and much more. The Providence ElderPlace team of health care and social service professionals and our affiliates provide comprehensive integrated care to our participants.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Social Work
Req ID: 235237