Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior Project Manager to our location in Renton, WA, Portland, OR, or Spokane, WA.
Providence is seeking a Senior Project Manager to provide project management support and improvement activity advising to efforts of the Digestive Health Institute, composed of system-wide interdisciplinary clinician and administrative experts across the care continuum, around clinical practice and high quality healthcare delivery for digestive health related disorders.
A challenging and varied position, the ideal candidate will have a strong record of project management and improvement theory. He or she will work closely with leaders and key regional clinical teams across all seven regions of the enterprise, to identify improvement project opportunities and act in a consulting capacity to structure, support and manage the portfolio of improvement projects from inception to completion.
The Senior Project Manager will be expected to perform duties in a manner that promotes project team success and reflects the Providence St. Joseph mission, philosophy, and core values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. In all aspects, he/she will serve as a role model for the values and mission of the organization.
In this position you will:
- Be accountable for managing multiple improvement projects simultaneously, to identify and achieve specified objectives on time.
- Work closely with the Director, Program Manager, Institute Co-Chairs, clinical focus group leads and facility medical & administrative directors to define priorities and manage progress of clinical improvement projects, aligned with the institute strategy.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with a broad customer base and gain their trust and respect.
- Manage detailed project plans for clinical improvement, maintain project documentation, including meeting agendas & summaries, project work plans, and other artifacts supporting the work of the portfolio.
- Work closely with other support staff, i.e. clinical analytics, pharmacy, finance, population health, and others, to ensure all needs/issues are communicated.
- Escalate issues as needed for additional input and resolution.
- Monitor results/satisfaction to ensure that projects meet expectations and deadlines.
- Track and report progress weekly to the Director, Program Manager, and clinical focus group leads.
- Connect with system-wide peers in Project Management, Change Facilitation, Communication and IS to share tools, lessons learned and best practices.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration, public administration, planning or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five to seven year proven track record in managing multiple complex high profile projects simultaneously, and driving towards successful results.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and leading initiatives in a multi-region or matrixed/divisional, complex organization is highly desired.
- In addition, a consulting background is also beneficial for experience in a high production, deadline-oriented professional work environment requiring multi-tasking, flexibility, and self-directed work.
- Willingness and eagerness to engage in clinical quality and process improvement work to possible include some travel.
Master's Degree in Public Health, Healthcare Administration, or a related discipline
About the department you will serve.
Clinical Program Services was initiated to optimize expert to expert collaboration, and to design, develop and deploy clinical standardization and innovation over scale and across the enterprise. This is accomplished through the "Expert to Expert "collaboration across clinical areas and care operations related to the Six Pillars: Resource Costs (affordability), Care Pathways and Quality, Innovation, Technology and Research, Advanced Care Models, Population Health and Prevention, and Epic and Data use.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management (Non-Clinical)
Req ID: 237479