Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis to Providence Finance in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to participate in a wide variety of financial planning services in areas of strategic and financial planning, operational analysis, benchmarking, capital project review, and consultation. Assist in the review of annual plans and analyses, preparation of feasibility studies, summary schedules, operations analysis, analysis of mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, business valuations and transaction settlements. Conduct benchmark analyses, periodic reporting, surveys, and special projects. Prepare financial analyses for assigned projects, entities, and/or departments. Coordinate the annual budget process and long-range financial plan and conduct focused financial reviews, as assigned.
The incumbent performs all duties in a manner that promotes Providence mission, values, and philosophy. In all aspects, he/she serves as a role model for the values and mission of the organization.
The position reports to the Manager and must establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and staff at all levels in Providence Strategic and Management Services (PSMS), as well as with other Providence Health & Services staff, vendors, agents, and others.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and implement operational analysis, benchmarking, capital process and project review, preparation of feasibility studies, analysis of mergers and acquisitions (including due diligence), business valuations and transaction settlements. Define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, appropriateness and plausibility of reports and financial proposals. Develop utilization forecasting, historical trend analyses, financial feasibility studies, and quantitative analyses that allow the organization to assess and improve the performance of healthcare delivery.
- Prepare budgets an annual budgets and recommend assumptions for budgeting, long-range financial plan.
- Develop capital budgets, tracks construction and progress, partners with accounting to put asset into use.
- Work directly with business leaders to understand financial performance including business drivers. Partners with business leaders to develop operational improvement plans. Develops understanding of business drivers for large segments of business. Develops and provides training to leadership teams and managers regarding budget reporting, metrics and related information. Answers questions and resolves issues for managers and teams regarding budget and capital reports and processes. Provides interpretation of information provided as necessary.
- Conduct benchmarking, monitor productivity.
- Summarize and report results to leadership team and others as appropriate. Coordinates special requests for financial and statistical information to facilitate efficient retrieval and access to accounting and financial data. Leads efforts to develop effective budget reports and enhance the reports and budget, LRFP and forecast process over time.
- Accurately predict future financial results based on key drivers and assumptions.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or a health care-related discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years of previous business & financial analysis, reporting and analysis planning & project management with experience in budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning, capital planning, business analysis and / or project planning.
- Experience in a large, matrixed organization.
- Extensive use and knowledge of MS Office Product.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools such as Power BI
- Master's degree in Health Administration, Public Health or Business Administration.
- Experience in finance operations including financial budgeting reimbursement and/or patient accounting.
- Knowledge of health care reimbursement and healthcare terminology.
- General knowledge of relational databases & SQL query methodology.
- Prior experience with Tableau
- Detail orientated.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Financial Analyst
Req ID: 243857