Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior Manager, Diversity and Inclusion Engagement PSJH to our location in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Diversity and Inclusion Engagement PSJH to join our dynamic and innovative Diversity and Inclusion team as a strategist and execution focused leader of our Caregiver Resource Groups and local D&I Committees across our System. PSJH's Diversity and Inclusion office drives business value for our organization by establishing D&I strategies and initiatives that influence talent acquisition, leadership development, employee engagement, retention programs, and health equity.
The successful candidate will provide expert level support for our system-wide diversity and inclusion strategy, initiatives, programs, and partnerships. Reporting to the Director of Diversity and Inclusion, you will be a critical partner to both internal and external audiences. You will be directly responsible for management and support of our D&I caregiver engagement strategies, serving as a strategic partner and thought leader dedicated to cultivating a culture of inclusion and equity for all caregivers. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about D&I, has strong program management skills, and is able to collaborate with a wide variety of caregivers, diverse business functions, leadership teams, and external partners in a complex environment. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a mission based, social justice oriented organization with a very long history of lasting impact. Performing all duties in a manner that promotes PSJH's mission, values, and philosophy. In all aspects, he/she serves as a role model for the values and mission of the organization.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Report to the Director, Diversity and Inclusion PSJH, and alongside other HR and business functions on the development and implementation of diversity and inclusion strategies, programs, and initiatives, including mentorship, employee engagement and retention.
- Develop short- and long-term vision, strategy and annual planning for the growth and evolution of Caregiver Resource Groups (CRGs) and local D&I Committees with a current population of 120,000 caregivers to support business goals.
- Serve as primary point of contact for the ERGs and Executive Sponsors to provide guidance and support to advance their strategic plans. Build and maintain solid, trusted relationships with these key stakeholders.
- Bridge D&I networks with D&I talent development initiatives; align strategy and programs for each business unit's unique needs. Define and refine priorities and team goals based on evolving needs of the business and stakeholders.
- Partner with Caregiver Resource Group Chair(s) and Executive Sponsors to identify D&I campaigns for the calendar year.
- Partner with CHROs and Field HR Leaders in support of D&I initiatives to ensure alignment with Affirmative Action Plan strategies.
- Provide outside the box thought leadership and expertise in growing and supporting the ERGs. Set performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals. Help define key performance indicators, metrics and reporting, with a goal of effectively tracking and measuring engagement.
- Stay current with leading research on D&I initiatives and topics. Provide coaching, education and consultation to HR business leaders to develop goals and practices that positively impact diversity and inclusion outcomes.
- Build and maintain solid, trusted relationships with these key stakeholders. Bridge D&I networks with D&I talent development initiatives; align strategy and programs for each business unit's unique needs. Define and refine priorities and team goals based on evolving needs of the business and stakeholders.
- Represent Providence St. Joseph Health System's diversity and inclusion philosophy, approach, efforts and outcomes externally with individuals, influencers, and partner organizations within our many communities and at key external events.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Diversity Management or closely related field.
- A visionary leader with 5 years of increasing responsibility developing and executing creative Diversity and Inclusion strategies at a complex organization that's achieved great success in its D&I objectives. Proven experience and positive track record of successfully managing teams directly and indirectly.
- Proficient working knowledge of Affirmative Action and EEO requirements.
- Strong knowledge of diversity metrics, research and analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a diplomatic and direct communicator who can distill information into a digestible presentation for a diverse audience at every level of the organization.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Master's degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, or Diversity Management.
- Experience with talent development and talent pipelining.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence St. Joseph health from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Human Resources
Req ID: 226985