Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior Digital Business Analyst to our location in Portland, OR.
We are seeking a Senior Digital Business Analyst to perform business analysis planning and requirements development as part of Providence's product development and marketing team, which supports Providence's Mission and vision through leadership and management of Providence Health Plan's digital presence, including public websites, the intranet, employer, producer, physician and patient portals, as well as social media platforms, mobile applications and other extensions of the digital experience.
The Sr. Digital Business Analyst is responsible for driving business analysis planning and monitoring for key stakeholder groups, as well as eliciting and documenting user requirements. In addition, assesses technical solution requests and validates technical recommendations. The business analyst analyzes current processes to document current workflows and operational requirements, performs gap analyses, and develops future state workflows. Performs quality assurance and user acceptance testing as required.
A successful Sr. Digital Business Analyst must be highly knowledgeable with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures, including usability, analytics, content management, best practices, and understanding the integration of online and back-end systems, and will rely on broad experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Will perform a variety of complicated tasks, such as planning, requirements prioritization, implementation support, user acceptance testing and will have the demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with functional peers, business leaders and senior management throughout the organization. The business analyst needs to be an outstanding communicator capable of drawing out business needs and requirements from stakeholders while maintaining focusing on and aligning those needs with user requirements.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Complete business analysis planning and monitoring for key stakeholder groups and provide effective communication to those groups.
- Document user requirements, validate requirements with business customers and participate with digital team, web development and vendors in systems/technical requirements development. Work with cross organizational stakeholders to define business and user requirements.
- Complete problem definition and analysis and assist in business case development.
- Use knowledge of Providence strategic direction and technical environment to contribute innovative and new ideas and to help select and prioritize requirements for digital products and projects.
- Lead and facilitate group discussions to elicit customer and quality requirements.
- Assess and validate technical solution requests and development recommendations.
- Analyze current operational processes and workflows to complete current state analysis; perform gap analysis, and develop future state standardized workflows.
- Perform quality assurance and user acceptance testing. Provide usability and workflow input to product managers, marketing managers, digital development teams and vendors.
- Provide input on new product evaluations and/or conduct detailed product comparisons for review.
- Respond to management requests for analysis and technical input regarding implementations.
- Provide research and analysis and develop white papers for use in business cases.
- Monitor developing trends, make recommendations, look for integration opportunities for content, strategic partners, and technology. Collect and analyze competitive and industry intelligence to stay informed of advancement and improvement opportunities
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of workplace experience, education and/or training is required, masters preferred
- Previous experience successfully working in a highly matrixed work environment.
- Proven project management expertise
- Demonstrated ability in analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Effective at producing results, including strategies, product priorities, requirements specifications, and business cases, in a multi-disciplinary environment with competing interests.
- Excellent personal organization skills to effectively manage tasks, information, and respond to rapidly changing information.
- Effective conflict management, negotiation and consensus building skills.
- Must be comfortable working "virtually" with team members outside the immediate environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build and manage business relationships.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication that is timely, accurate, professional, consistent, and appropriately targeted to the audience
- Demonstrated ability to present complex concepts, systems and ideas to stakeholders and end-users using a variety of communication methods.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex cross functional group discussions to elicit and prioritize customer and quality requirements.
- Demonstrated experience documenting complex, multi-faceted user requirements using a variety of business analysis tools
- Broad knowledge of project management: resource planning and scheduling, negotiation, facilitation, task prioritization and project documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision within a framework of defined responsibilities.
- Ability to articulate the implications of new strategies, products and services to underlying infrastructure, as well as to the business
- Ability to understand, adapt and respond effectively to a changing health care environment while aligning with the health plan structure and priorities.
- Responsive service orientation - positive "can do" approach to initiatives, problems and solutions.
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Health Care
Req ID: 231681