Offering Sign on bonus of $5,000 for this position!
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Home Health Services, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence ElderPlace in Seattle, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Drive throughout your work day to see patients in private residences, assisted living, and skilled nursing facilities within West Seattle, and Central Seattle (Columbia City).
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for the patient utilizing the interdisciplinary care team to keep patients safe and stable after being discharged from facilities.
- Wound care, blood draws, blood sugar checks, place and monitor IVs, skin checks, and provide supportive and end of life care.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Utilize software programs for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Current driver's license and insured, reliable vehicle
- 1 year of RN experience with the geriatric population
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Recent hands-on experience with wound care, venipuncture, ostomies, catheters, and feeding tubes
- Current Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience
Providence ElderPlace is conveniently located in Seattle, WA. The PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) keeps older adults as healthy as possible in the community by providing comprehensive health care and social services including: primary and specialty medical care, a day health program, social work services, rehabilitation, housing (if necessary) and much more. The Providence ElderPlace team of health care and social service professionals and our affiliates provide comprehensive integrated care to our participants.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Home Health Nursing
Req ID: 233587