Providence is calling a Medical Receptionist II ( Per Diem / Variable Shift ) to our Facey Urgent Care location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- As a member of the patient care team and the primary point of patient contact, responsible for positive patient relations, proper telephone communication, appointment scheduling, patient registration, medical chart tracking, as well as payment and co-payment collection. Performs routine duties associated with the collection and maintenance of current patient demographics and insurance information.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Type minimum 25 wpm (net) and possess computer skills.
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with public and co-workers.
- Working knowledge of insurances: HMO/PPO/EPO/Indemnity/Worker's Compensation.
- Working knowledge of computerized registration, billing and collection procedures.
- Ability to recognize and set priorities to accomplish established objectives.
- Ability to perform basic math computations.
- Two or more years of experience in a medical setting preferred or equivalent education.
- Speak and understand Spanish fluently.
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative (Clinical)
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 237341