Providence is calling a Medical Lab Technician OR Medical Technologist (On Call, Variable) to Clinical Laboratory Services at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
We are seeking a Medical Lab Technician OR Medical Technologist to perform the essential laboratory testing that is critical to the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of disease.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate age specific patient care considerations for the population served.
- Perform test analysis on patient specimens.
- Evaluate integrity of specimen, follow up on unacceptable specimens, and perform requested testing, follow-up studies, dilutions, calculation, antibody ID, and organism work-up as necessary.
- Perform and evaluate analysis of quality control, proficiency specimens, and patient statistics.
- Maintain and troubleshoot equipment.
- Organize and prioritize work to maintain laboratory standards.
- Identify unexpected results, errors and problems, and follow up as necessary.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related science program OR Associate's degree in related health science.
- ASCP licensed (or equivalent) as a Medical Technologist or Microbiologist, or Medical Lab Technician ( if eligible to sit for exam, must be completed within six months of hire ).
- Working knowledge of computer application software and LIS (Laboratory Information System).
- If employee performs phlebotomy, active DOH Medical Assistant-Phlebotomy license (which includes the 7 hours of Blood Borne Pathogens training) is required.
- Experience in a medical laboratory.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of Epic EMR will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Medical Technologist
Req ID: 233849