Providence is calling a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1.0 FTE, Evening Shift) to the Anesthesiology Department at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
Under the supervision and direction of the Peri-Operative Nurse, collaborates with OR Team in providing efficient, safe, cost-effective patient care outcomes.
In this position you will:
- Provide practical nursing functions incuding working in a busy anesthesia department and OR.
- Collaborate with anesthesiologists, perioperative RN's and support professionals.
- Assist with various invasive anesthesia procedures, arterial lines, CVP lines, nerve blocks and airway management.
- Work under the supervision of the designated unit leader or licensed staff.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program.
- Washington State Registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Basic Life Support (CPR) certified through the American Heart Association.
- Previous LPN experience in acute care hospital setting and/or a busy clinic setting with procedural experience
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: LPN/LVN
Req ID: 231727