Providence is calling a Home Health Aide (CNA) (Hospice, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice in Shelton, Washington.
Hospice caregivers will tell you what a privilege it is to care for patients and their families at the end of their lives. We get to see people where they reside and focus on their goals and improving the quality of their lives. If you are interested in a rewarding career, Providence Hospice might be the opportunity you are looking for! We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Drive throughout your work day to see patients in private residences, adult family homes, assisted living, and skilled nursing facilities within a designated region.
- Provide appropriate patient care as directed by the licensed nurse.
- Provide personal care, assistance with performing activities of daily living and prescribed therapeutic exercises, and basic housekeeping services essential to the comfort of the patient.
- Have proficiency using software programs for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of a certified nursing assistant course or equivalent training
- Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) licensure in the State of Washington
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) - Health Care Provider certification
- Valid Washington State Driver's license and automobile license
- 1 year previous home health/hospice experience as a nurse's aide, hospice aide, orderly, or related experience in an acute, rehabilitative, or long term care facility, or hospice organization
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office such as Word and Outlook
- Previous experience with electronic patient charting
Providence Sound Home Care and Hospice, in Olympia, Washington, is a home health and hospice ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout Mason, Lewis and Thurston counties in Washington state. Our team brings the Providence tradition of excellence into the home setting, and work together with physicians, patients, family members and insurance providers to meet each patient's unique needs. Providence Sound Home Care and Hospice is a non-profit, state licensed and Medicare certified agency.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing Support (CNA, MA, NURSE AIDE)
Req ID: 232255