Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Communications Specialist to Providence Health Plan Partners in Santa Monica, CA.
We are seeking a Communication Specialist to engage in broad internal/external communication projects to support organization-wide programs and initiatives, and assist with developing consistent, clear messaging to all Providence St. Joseph Health audiences. In collaboration with department leadership and teams, the specialist performs various communication tasks and functions to support the strategy, planning and delivery of communication efforts.
In this position you will:
- Support strategy, planning and execution for communication plans and programs, major organizational campaigns and initiatives related to media relations, crisis communication, organizational communication, community relations, social media and executive communication.
- Work independently in writing, creating and implementing high-quality communication plans, messaging and copy for various mediums that meet PSJH standards.
- Writing and compiling content for newsletters, social media channels and websites.
- Support community relations efforts, including coordinating and staffing events, creating and acquiring collateral and other materials and managing volunteers.
- Provide escort and coordinate local media, film and video crews as required.
- Gather user data from technology platforms and share trends and insights with team.
- Ensure the organizational voice and narrative, Mission, Vision and Values of PSJH, including the culture and heritage of founding organizations, are present in all communication efforts.
- Reinforce and enhance the organizational voice and narrative of PSJH through consistent, proactive communication sharing.
- Complete tasks and assignments on time and on budget.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in communication, public relations, marketing, business administration or related field.
- 2-4 years demonstrated experience in communication, preferably in health care.
- Demonstrated experience in developing communication programs and business relationships. Demonstrated experience working in highly matrixed and geographically dispersed organizations and teams.
- Demonstrated writing and editing excellence.
- Demonstrated health care experience.
- Knowledge of integrated health care and communication practices.
- Ability to create strong, strategic business relationships at both the organizational and region/ministry levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively across a diverse, matrixed marketing and communication team to ensure messaging and programs are delivered quickly, consistently and powerfully across multiple channels and locations.
- Ability to drive proactive, powerful messaging in support of a brand position.
- Agility and flexibility in coordinating multiple high-level projects, and just-in-time issues and work assignments.
- Communication experience in health care.
- Experience in a faith-based health system/organization.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence St. Joseph health from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Marketing/PR/Communications
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 240909