- Assist in the provision of patient care under the direct supervision of a physician.
- Prepare patients for physician encounter. Taking vital signs as indicated, recording chief complaint and preparing appropriate instruments for examination/procedure.
- Perform procedures such as ear lavage, tympanogram, audiogram, administration of medications, EKG, vision screening, dressing changes and finger stick blood glucose testing under the direct supervision of the physician.
- Perform Front Desk registration duties, scheduling of appointments and other clerical duties as required.
- Support duties such as stocking and cleaning exam rooms, cleaning, wrapping and autoclaving instruments, filing records and helping to maintain medication cupboards.
- Graduate from a medical assistant program
- National Certification/Registration as a Medical Assistant
- Working knowledge of the principles of medical assisting and the ability to respond to the behavior and needs of patients
- Knowledge of commonly used medications and their effects
- Knowledge of medical terminology and equipment
- 2 years clinical experience
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!