Providence St. Joseph Health is calling an Actuary Manager to our location in Portland, OR.
The Actuary Manager is responsible for producing pricing, forecasting and reserving deliverables. This requires coaching and priority setting for direct reports as well as collaboration across multiple departments to achieve organizational objectives.
The Actuary Manager functions as a technical resource and as a mentor to all within the Financial Analytics and the larger Informatics department. The Manager must maintain an understanding of the changing health care and actuarial trends and how they impact the organization. This role must remain current on government regulation and guidance as well as analytic techniques and methodologies, data sources. The Actuary Manager must also build and maintain relationships with other leaders across the organization including Product, Finance, Regulatory, Pharmacy, and outside the organization (CMS, provider groups).
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Provides coaching, training and management of actuarial team. This includes: new staff hiring; guidance on career development; evaluation and communication of performance.- Leads the development of pricing and filing deliverables including: model and assumption development; sensitivity/scenario analysis; actual to expected analysis; internal and external communication with health plan leadership, regulators and auditors.
• Develops staff and team members in areas of: analytic methods and models; documentation; process automation; effective communication; project and time management.- Leads the development, implementation, maintenance and oversite of clear, organized documentation and data reconciliation.- Leads data-driven analyses and recommendations for pricing and product strategy.
• Collaborates on the operational budget for Financial Analytics and the larger Informatics departments.
• Develops and maintains a prioritization process for actuarial team.
• Conducts team and departmental meetings and documents departmental work flow, system decisions and procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Social Science or a related field required.
• 5 years of healthcare actuarial experience
• Experience with writing queries in SQL
• Demonstrated experience developing scripts or procedures in a programming language (ex. R, SAS, Python, C , etc.)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Fellow or Associate in the Society of Actuaries (FSA or ASA) preferred.
• Experience with Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid revenue methodologies.
• Demonstrated experience with managing professional staff who work independently on tasks and projects.
• Demonstrated experience applying project management skills in data-related and financial analysis projects.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 231177.
Providence is an Equal Opportunity Employer.