Human Resources Generalist - Talent Acquisition & Retention
Providence College Providence, RI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Human Resources Generalist - Talent Acquisition & Retention
Assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice in the delivery of Human Resources services, resources, policies, and programs including, but not limited to, the following functional areas: recruitment, retention, terminations, performance management, recognition, benefits and wellness, professional development, HRIS maintenance and support;, compliance, and related communications. Prioritize and carry out responsibilities in alignment with overall goals and priorities of the College and the Office of Human Resources.
1. Support recruitment programs and strategies. Identify the best channels for internal and external advertising of vacancies, including internal and external site postings, social media outlets, etc. to expand the application of diverse candidates. Serve as an internal resource for hiring managers to ensure alignment with internal procedures and compliance with state and federal regulations.
2. Develop resources and tools and coordinate surveying of new hires to monitor and track new employee success and engagement. In partnership with the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources/Director of Benefits, continually assess the effectiveness of onboarding efforts and identify areas for improvement.
3. Serve as internal resource for offices requesting temporary staff replacements or additional temporary office assistance.
4. Target recruitment and retention techniques for millennial and z generation applicants.
5. Assist in the development, planning, and coordinating of a comprehensive employee recognition program that serves to recognize, reward, and engage staff throughout the employee lifecycle.
6. As needed, and in the absence of the Director, provides guidance to managers and supervisors in the use and application of salary ranges and increase guidelines, changes of status, transfers, and promotions
7. Ensure that all training and development and recognition programs in place are in adherence to legal and regulatory standards. Complete audits, maintain documentation and records, and recommend and assist in implementation of policy and procedural improvements.
8. Assist in the organization and planning of employee-related events, such as service awards, the Torchbearer Award, retirement parties, as well as oversight of the Spotlight Award process.
9. Assist in the scheduling of applicable training and educational programs and professional development that meet the needs of the campus community.
10. Provide advice, assistance, and follow up on College policies, procedures and documentation
11. Provide employees with coaching and counseling resources, or refer to qualified individuals as appropriate
12. Act as first responder to campus constituents, visitors, and callers by communicating and providing a thorough, solid knowledge of all common HR services, policies and practices.
1. Assist other members of the HR Team on a daily basis as needed.
2. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or a related field; preference for specialized training/certification in Human Resources.
• A minimum 2 years of professional Human Resources work experience; prior experience in areas of talent acquisition and compensation management preferred.
• Technical expertise and knowledge of relevant employment law and compliance
• Strong computer skills, including previous experience working with data base systems and report writing.
• Strong writing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Service-centric, organized and detail-oriented
1 Cunningham SquareProvidence, RI
BusinessView all jobs at Providence College