Children’s Ministry Director
Providence Church is a well-established church in Southern Lancaster County, PA and is a member of the Churches of God, General Conference. Providence Church’s mission is to see Lives Changed and our Communities Transformed. We accomplish our mission through meaningful worship, being a place for everyone to connect and build relationships, and serving our community.
The role of the Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) is to champion and lead the mission/vision of ProvChurch Kids under the leadership and guidance of the senior pastor and elders. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of Providence Church and the ability to align volunteer staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision, and values. The CMD will work closely with the staff team to create a unified and holistic approach to ministry at Providence Church. They will help lead children and families toward discipleship by shaping a ministry environment that seeks to teach, love, and encourage serving through outreach. Finally, the CMD will facilitate relational connection and the spiritual growth of children through Sunday Morning ministries (Sunday School & Fellowship Factory), Wednesday Night Ministry (ProvChurch Kids Awana), annual ministries (VBS, Church Retreat, Grand Prix, etc), and any other ministry opportunities that arise throughout the year.
The Children’s Ministry Director will be responsible for the following.
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities: Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Providence Church. Should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The CMD models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). Strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and actions.
2. Leadership of Staff and Volunteer Teams: Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing investment in ministry leaders who, in turn, influence the children. Responsible for creating an environment that recruits, develops, and empowers children’s ministry leaders:
- Communicating clearly as an advocate for Children’s Ministry to staff and church leadership and vice versa
- Building systems and structures that create healthy and sustainable ministry environments for leaders and volunteers by providing updated procedures, regular training, and ensuring care for leaders.
- Assisting the Office Administrator in managing systems for background checks and ensuring all active volunteers are Safe Sanctuaries approved.
- Collaborating with the Student Ministry Director (SMD) to provide consistency and unity between the ministries and continually seeking to better the bridge of transition for kids leaving CM and entering SM.
- Building relationships and intentionally seeking out new families to help them navigate the ministry and getting plugged in.
- Managing budget forecasts and expenses for children’s ministry.
3. Oversight and Execution of Programs & Ministries | Sunday School, Fellowship Factory, Awana, VBS, Church Retreat, and others. Responsible for helping to develop programs that provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for children.
- Providing insight and direction for big picture programming and creative planning processes.
- Selecting relevant curriculum and working with teachers to tailor it to current needs based on ministry environment, ages of the kids, and their giftings.
- Work with the Children’s Ministry Team directors in ordering curriculum/supplies, keeping an updated inventory of what is in stock, and keeping materials organized.
- Coordinate with the Communications Director to produce videos, printed promotions, verbal announcements, web page information, marketing, etc. about Children’s Ministry.
- Ensure that weekly supplies, lessons, and printed materials are distributed accordingly and provided to the leaders who need them.
- Creating and maintaining a safe environment for kids, including special needs children.
· Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
· Basic working understanding of Children’s Ministry and the administrative oversight required to keep a ministry running.
· A passion to see children & families engaging with God’s Word beyond the ministries and developing family discipleship in their homes.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with direction and administration of Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries in recruiting, motivating, equipping and training volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
· Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
· Proficiency in computer software programs such as Office 365 (Excel & Word), and a willingness to learn new platforms required for the job. Examples of utilized programs are: Canva, ProPresenter, OneNote and Adobe.
Full time salaried position with flexible hours and the ability to invest in 401k. The compensation is negotiable based on experience and education.
Why Work Here?
Group of Believers that want to spread the gospel! Come join our effort and work in a pleasant, challenging, exhilarating environment.
New Providence, PA