The System Engineer is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our clients by reflecting the Company’s core values and embracing our commitment for quality. The System Engineer will interact daily with client end-users to address technical support requests, with a mission to leave the end-user feeling that they have received service of the highest quality possible. Through ProviDyn’s ticket workflow processes and systems, the System Engineer will perform advanced desktop-level support, server administration, deployment and configuration for a variety of systems, environments, clients and end-users. The System Engineer roles are primarily focused on end-user escalations, server management, and system deployments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide remote and on-site (as needed) user and system support with a focus on client satisfaction and high-quality, consistent service delivery.
- Provide advanced desktop-level user support, mobile device support, user administration, and server management as required.
- Follow ProviDyn workflow and processes to ensure timely response and escalation of issues.
- Perform advanced network diagnostics and repairs as directed.
- Leadefforts for client onboarding, small projects, documentation initiatives or testing of client environments as required and/or directed.
- Document professionally all work performed as well as any information that is discovered but not yet documented accurately.
- Enforce strict documentation protocols for timely and accurate updates of client and internal documentation.
- Manage time appropriately to meet escalation or SLA requirements and document time accurately as work is completed.
- Maintain strong knowledge of ProviDyn processes, systems and tools and promote effective use of such systems to fellow team members.
- Participate and collaborate as needed to assist fellow team member(s). Allow other team members to shadow you for learning opportunities when requested.
- Accept direction from service leadership, project management teams and executives as required.
- Work with other team members to identify new opportunities for clients to improve their business with technology.
- Participate in the after-hours on-call rotation as required.
Requirements for All Levels
- Understand and consistently act in accordance with the company core values.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Completion of mid-level industry certification (CCNA or MCSA Server 2008 or above for example) or completion within 1 year of employment.
- Minimum 3 years experience providing computer technical support for end users.
- Minimum 3 years experience installing, deploying and configuring desktop equipment for end users.
- Minimum 1 year experience deploying and configuring Windows based Server environments.
- Demonstrated logical troubleshooting methodology with recognition of all reasonable paths to resolution.
- Embracement and promotion of accountability and ownership throughout the organization.
- Strong understanding of network topology, TCP/IP, switching, routing concepts:
- Routing, VLANs, ARP
- Diagnostic tools for system and network monitoring
- Server performance monitoring
- Advanced experience troubleshooting and configuring mobile devices such as:
- Apple iPhone
- Knowledge of mobile device management systems and tools.
- Advanced experience with research and testing concepts to aid in troubleshooting unknown issues as well as proven vendor management techniques.
- Advanced understanding of WLANs and experience supporting end user wireless connectivity and wireless management systems.
- Thorough understanding of business continuity concepts, backup and disaster recovery terminology and processes, best practices, systems and tools.
- Knowledge of best-practice security protocol, and systems and tools of enforcement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to adapt to different audiences as required.
- Able to explain technical concepts in clear and understandable language amongst all levels of internal or client organizations.
- Detail oriented with initiative to promote critical concepts, generate ideas and a focus on self and organizational improvement.
- Ability to function autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Unwavering focus on customer service.
- Strong team player, able to collaborate with team members of differing skillsets and personalities. Able to transfer skills through teaching and mentoring to other members of the team.
- Possess valid drivers’ license and have access to reliable transportation as required.
Requirements for System Engineer II
- Minimum 1 year experience as a System Engineer I or demonstrated equivalent.
- Proven judgement in troubleshooting methodology and system or network analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of ProviDyn processes, systems and tools.
- Stellar record of positive client satisfaction engagements, demonstrating ownership and accountability.
- Active participation in team meetings and other collaborative efforts.
- Periodically lead training sessions with other team members.
- Experience performing advanced server support tasks.
- Active Directory advanced features.
- Mail flow diagnosis.
- Sites and Services and domain replication.
- Server deployment and configuration of roles.
- Escalated application troubleshooting and site-wide deployments.
- Site-wide connectivity, wireless, switching and routing diagnosis.
- Backup and disaster recovery management.
Requirements for System Engineer III
- Minimum 1 year experience as a System Engineer II or equivalent.
- Improved ability to resolve advanced issues within escalation parameters.
- Impeccable customer satisfaction feedback record.
- Intricate knowledge of ProviDyn processes, systems and tools and participation in process improvement.
- Active, frequent participation in team meetings and other collaborative efforts.
- Maintenance of complete and accurate client documentation.
- Basic support of strategic team in developing client infrastructure solutions.
- Experience performing advanced server support and deployment:
- Group Policy management
- Folder replication management.
- Multi-site server deployment.
- Configuration of advanced roles.
- Advanced connectivity, wireless, switching and routing diagnosis.
- Deployment and configuration of storage systems.
The majority of work will be performed remotely from ProviDyn headquarters. Occasional work at client locations may be required. Must be able to lift, carry, and reposition all parts of user workstations, servers, network appliances, printers and other technology equipment as required up to 30lbs. Most work hours will be spent seated at a computer monitor using a mouse and keyboard. Occasional driving to and/or from ProviDyn headquarters or client locations may be required.
This job description is not all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as requested to meet the needs of the organization.