Provenance Staffing is currently looking for a Brush Truck Operator to perform the weekly pickup of brush as part of the City’s brush pickup services. Normal hours are 15 hours per week with a three day a week schedule; longer hours may be needed to clean-up after major storms.
The essential duties and responsibilities listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional related duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Operates a brush truck, and other city equipment as needed, to pickup brush, leaves and other items and make disposal at approved sites.
- Works closely with the utility office staff to coordinate pickups and services.
- Maintains logs of the operation and maintenance of the services.
- Maintains brush truck and equipment in good condition.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns, complaints and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility.
- Attends meetings, workshops, etc. as needed to enhance job knowledge and skills.
- Work with community members, visitors, public officials, and employees in a constructive, productive, professional, and customer-friendly manner. Ability to communicate effectively by phone, in-person, and by written correspondence.
- Comply with established policies, procedures and safe work practices. Follows safety training and instructions.
- Wears and maintains all personal protective equipment required for their job.
- Must immediately report any unsafe work practices or unsafe conditions as well as any on-the-job injuries or illnesses
- Performs other City-related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- A High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is mandatory.
- Must have and maintain a valid SC CDL license and pass a criminal background screening.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to drive safely and to safely and effectively operate a hydraulic controlled grapple unit.
- Ability to work with community members, visitors, public officials, and employees in a constructive, productive, professional, and customer-friendly manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively by phone, in-person, and by written correspondence.
- Ability to use problem solving, critical analysis, and continuous improvement to meet the needs of the City organization and the community.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Medium sized truck with dump bed & grapple device
- Small/medium power and hand tools
- Cell phone PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position requires the ability to sit; talk or hear; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Requires the ability to step up and step down to enter & exit a truck on a routine basis.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements include preparing and analyzing written or computer data operating motor vehicles and equipment and observing general surroundings and activities.
- The noise level is low to moderate. The physical demands and work environment described are representative of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Provenance Recruitment & Staffing offers, Health Insurance, Vacation Pay, On-Going Education, Referral Bonus Programs, Bereavement Leave and Holiday Pay.