The ideal candidate will have significant skills, experience, and knowledge of Business Development and Capture Management processes and techniques with familiarity and relationships with organizations such as The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the DHS Transportation Security Administration (TSA), the DHS United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), DHS Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of Defense (DoD [Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Office of the Undersecretary of Defense, DARPA]), and be well-integrated and established in the Northern Virginia (NOVA) and Washington, DC business communities and business development related organizations. This detail-oriented individual will report to the Senior Vice President for Business Development and Growth.
- The execution and management of all aspects of business development and capture management including, acquiring new and follow-on business (in existing areas as well as in new markets), strategy, key account planning and management, market research, proposal support, opportunity identification and qualification, opportunity health gate reviews, pursuit/capture team participation, capture leadership and guidance, customer call plan development and execution, teaming strategies development and coordination, and strategic partnership development.
• Lead Capture Management by providing capture strategies and guidance across all key accounts and capture personnel.
• Work collaboratively with the team to build and maintain a detailed key account plan that illustrates a clear understanding of the targeted customer domains, their subordinate organizations/agencies, their business needs and drivers, decision-making processes, stakeholders, and buying behaviors.
• Develop and maintain positive business relationships with clients and partners.
• Participate in developing and executing overall business development strategy and vision consistent with company strategic goals and objectives.
• Support the growth of people/principal/stakeholder relationships to enhance corporate name/brand recognition across the customer and industry domain.
• Improve processes for opportunity identification, qualification, capture, and win rates.
• Conduct targeted research to identify clients, opportunities, and competition in support of business development.
• Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key partners.
• Strategically develop teaming strategies that best position Geocent for highest win probability and best position for workshare.
• Identify and secure key and strategic contract vehicles.
• Develop and maintain targeted briefings and marketing materials to ensure current and accurate content is being presented to potential customers and partners.
• Work with the management team to identify, pursue, capture, and partner on opportunities in alignment with the business unit’s strategic plan.
• Maintain and grow the opportunity pipeline to include accurate opportunity descriptions, values, timelines, competition, and positioning.
• Maintain perspective on competitors’ market position, strengths and weaknesses, and how Geocent may be impacted by competitors’ strategies and actions.
• Conduct accurate and complete Gate Reviews throughout the opportunity lifecycle from Pursuit through Bid/No Bid decisions.
• Gather and organize opportunity capture and opportunity intelligence data into opportunity-specific Capture Plans.
• Facilitate the negotiation and execution of all Non-Disclosure and Teaming Agreements.
• Follow standardized corporate business development and capture processes following the Shipley methodology.
• Function as Business Development and Capture Lead throughout the business development, capture, and proposal development processes.
• Work collaboratively with Operations leads, Technical leads, and Proposal Manager through the completion of all proposal activities.
• Maintain acute awareness of current changes in the industry through self-education, professional development, and community involvement.
• Active participation in all Pricing and Color Team reviews to ensure appropriate customer voice, proposal compliance, and competitive pricing.
• Regular attendance and active participation at customer industry days and customer/contractor/industry events and community engagements where there is increased exposure and customer access as a result of Geocent participation.
• Coordinate events for the team as needed, including meetings, speaking engagements, seminars, trade shows, and exhibits.
- Interface and coordinate with corporate service centers and shared services.
- Build a qualified Pipeline of strategic Prime and Subcontractor opportunities that align to our capabilities for the current year and out-years, maintaining a healthy Pipeline profile for out-year opportunities out to 5-years in advance of formal opportunity release.
- Identify at least two agencies in this customer domain that would be new customer/market targets where we would have enough time to position with high PWIN on Single Award or BPA opportunities that align with our capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• 15 years of proven business development and capture experience in pursuit of programs in excess of $50 million.
• Ability to manage and coordinate work across multi-disciplinary teams.
• Experience reporting opportunity pursuit status and plans to executive management.
• Ability to function as the primary point-of-contact with the client principals and key stakeholders.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint collaboration tools, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
• Ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts and solutions effectively.
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, a strategic thinker, and team player.
• Must be available to travel as required.
• Business development process knowledge/experience (GovWin IQ, CRM, Market Analysis, Price-to-Win Assessments, etc.).
• Knowledge of DHS and DOD market/industry base.
• US Citizenship is required.
- Proven track record for breaking into new markets, forming relationships, partnerships, identifying opportunities of high value, running full capture, positioning to win, with win results.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and retain a Government/DoD security clearance at a minimum level of SECRET; active SECRET clearance preferred.
- Customer/Client Focus
• Business Acumen
• Strategic Thinking
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Financial Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Time Management