Mechanical Engineer III
Protingent Merritt Island, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer III
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer III in Merritt Island, FL.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering or equivalent experience; Graduate degree preferred.
- Extensive experience with performing analyses and interpreting results using Bentley AutoPIPE
- Knowledge of ASME B31.3 design criteria for piping systems Experience using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of solid modelling or plant modelling; CREO or similar solid modelling and or BIM tools
- Four year aerospace or mechanical engineering degree (or similar discipline)
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical engineering role, especially design and analysis of piping/tubing systems
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of standard components, installation and fabrication methods of piping systems (pipe stock, fittings, connections, valves, fasteners, structural members, fitting, welding, etc)
- Knowledge of fluid components typical in tubing and piping systems (valves, regulators, pumps, etc)
- Experience working with P&IDs and fabrication/ installation drawings for piping systems, especially AutoCAD or AutoCAD P&ID
- Experience with structural hand calculations and analysis software tools (ANSYS, NASTRAN, etc.)
- Ability to work remotely with some presence at Blue offices when required.
- Able to remain composed and focused while working in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to rapidly identify and resolve discrepancies/anomalies.
- Ability to provide detail technical recommendations to the operations and maintenance team to resolve discrepancies/anomalies.
- Able to perform detailed data reduction and analysis.
- Must be willing to travel to support launch and maintenance operations.
- Must be able to track, manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks and jobs.
- Experience working in cross-discipline teams.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
AddressMerritt Island, FL
ManufacturingView all jobs at Protingent