Accounts Payable Clerk (Entry-Level)
Protex The PT Xperts, LLC Tempe, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
What are you looking for in your career? Before you read this job description, ask that to yourself. Be cautious, all employers will promise growth, including ourselves. But have you decided what that even looks like to you? It’s possible that your idea of growth might mean something different. Is it money, promotions, or flexibility? Setting expectations for yourself and your potential employer will help narrow where you find yourself most fit. But be cautious and do your research. Are the expectations realistic? When you consider your required pay, have you reviewed what the going rate is?
At ProTeX, we’re not here to waste your time or your career. We know what we are looking for. Our goal is to build professionals that will help us build our business. Maybe that is you, maybe not. This doesn’t come from a cookie cutter approach that filters candidates through an exact checkbox. We have jobs that require certain abilities. But sometimes the ability for someone to do it doesn’t come from their prior jobs. Sometimes it’s their personality, perspective, work ethic, or lessons they learned from personal experiences that allow them to learn what is required. That is the ProTeX way. We are people, not numbers. If we don’t have the growth you are looking for, we’ll tell you. Maybe we’ll just be a stepping stone for your career and that is okay if we are. If we know that upfront, then we’ll see what experience we can give you to best set you up for success.
We are Protex, the PT Xperts. We are a third party inspections firm that conducts inspections and testing for Construction. We test soils, concrete, drainage, Post-Tension cables, and more. We are looking for a skilled accounts payable clerk/accountant to be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Takes brilliant and genuine pride in our company and represents us well in all we do.
- An energetic and dynamic person to be around with a fun and laid back sense of humor but also a strong willed leader who runs a tight ship. You can hear her laugh across the office.
- Social, laid back, close-knit, and a group that has each others' backs, looking out for each other.
- A fun and genuine Manager that takes care of the team and has their best interest at heart.
- A dynamic and diverse team from various career and cultural backgrounds that makes for an enjoyable atmosphere if you are introverted or extroverted.
- Our team members stay here because of the environment, stability, and team.
- Family oriented.
- Not too fast paced nor heavy pressure.
- Entire first half of the day is Accounts Payable- using Quick Books and doing so for several companies and their respective accounts.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables' data
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits- online and mail.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients' billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Follow-Up with employees on turning in their receipts and other reimbursement forms.
- Interact with Clients via email and sometimes by phone.
- Must have absolute attention to detail.
- Reliable, honest, and confident.
- Must be adaptable- this is anything but regimented and strict structure and changes pace and direction frequently responding to various managers- including the Executive level.
- Experience with Book Keeping is preferred but not a deal breaker.
- Some understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with Quick Books.
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office and basic Excel functions.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- We provide standard benefits of Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, Paid Holidays.
- A flexible schedule.
- Pay is depending on experience- a range of $13.00- $15.00.
- Part-time hours may be an option.
- We are a small but growing company where you can shift into other roles in the business and be cross trained in various avenues that expands knowledge and in interesting industry. As we grow, you can grow with us.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Powered by JazzHR