- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
We’re looking for a Lab Supervisor to help with day-to-day operations for our molecular testing laboratory!
We’re looking for a highly driven, motivated, and experienced Molecular Lab Supervisor to supervise, direct, and coordinate a clinical testing lab. As an expert on process and compliance, you will be the go-to person in the lab to ensure results are produced at a high level. The successful candidate will have patience, empathy, time management, and professionalism to ensure the lab and the employees within are efficient and well-managed. This position is primarily to cover an overnight shift Tuesday through Saturday beginning each morning approximately around 3-4 am.
- Perform PCR runs, analyze data, and prepare technical reports according to standard operating procedures
- Adhere to and follow guidelines, policies, and procedures set forth by CLIA
- Direct supervision of all laboratory staff, logistical processes, functions, and implementation of new policies and procedures
- Ensure that systems used for testing provide quality laboratory services for all phases of testing (including pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic).
- Ensure that the laboratory facilities (physical setting and environmental conditions) are suitable for the tests being performed and provide a safe work area in which employees are protected from physical, chemical, and biologic hazards.
- Ensure that the laboratory’s test systems have the capability of providing the quality results necessary for patient care.
- Ensure that laboratory personnel are performing the test methods as required for accurate and reliable results.
- Ensure that the quality control and quality assurance programs are developed and maintained to assure quality testing and to identify failures in quality as they occur.
- Ensure that acceptable standards of testing performance are established and maintained
- Ensure that corrective actions are taken and documented whenever deviations from performance standards are identified and that patient test results are reported only when the testing is functioning properly.
- Provide resolution of technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established by the laboratory Director and Technical Supervisor/Manager.
Requirements, Education, and Experience
- Previous experience with direct supervision of Laboratory personnel
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage projects and change with strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to manage change, stand/walk for extended periods, and maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must meet requirements for General Supervisor under CLIA:
- PhD in one of the chemicals, physical or biological sciences must have two years of clinical laboratory experience OR
- With a master’s degree in one of the chemicals, physical or biological sciences, the candidate must have at least 4 years of laboratory experience with at least 2 of those years spent working in a clinical molecular laboratory OR
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related biological science/clinical field must have at least 6 years of clinical laboratory experience with a Nationally recognized certification as the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or Medical Technologist (MT)
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?