Client is in the midst of a significant transformation effort to better align the IT function with the needs of the organization and its membership. Key to this transition is the selection of a highly qualified and experienced Sr. Information Technology Officer - Program Lead - to lead a Managed Service Provider (MSP) Transition Program. The Program Lead will report to the Program Management Office (PMO) and be accountable to the Advisor for the Resource Management Unit (RMU) and relevant governance committees in organization for the successful implementation of the MSP Transition Program. The Program Lead will drive the planning, implementation and execution of the new MSPs transition from the current suppliers for application services (transform/sustain), Quality Assurance (QA)/testing and information security services.
Position Scope - Responsible for the planning and execution of the new MSPs Transition Program and works cross-functionally to ensure ITD is supporting transformation objectives and enabling business capabilities.
- Works in close collaboration with the Program sponsors, Steering Committee members and other members of the MSPs Transition Program to ensure successful implementation of both process and technical workstreams.
- Works in close collaboration with other members of the Product Management and Delivery organizations to ensure that business needs are being met and that the organization is the go-to partner for IT capabilities.
- Maintains a strong understanding of the Fund, its business stakeholders and the technology portfolio.
- Negotiates on technical and commercial issues at senior level of the business and IT functions.
- Acts as an advisor and builds and maintains senior level relationships across the wider stakeholder community.
Main Responsibilities - Acts as organizations advocate into the Business in the context of the major transformation program and advocates for those programs/business interests within organization.
Negotiates and influences senior business leaders (e.g. Sponsor, Steering Committee, Product Owners and Delivery Leads) to resolve issues and open decisions to ensure that the effective program management, technical and business outcomes are achieved.
Provides strong program management leadership for both the technical and business process workstreams. Adheres to PMI best practices for program and program management, such as:
- Leads the development of the business case, CBA, program charter, scope, PMP, integrated program plan, risk plan, and other program management documents.
- Issues weekly status reports, tracking completion of schedule activities, updating RAID logs, tracking hot topics and escalating issues as required.
- Holds program team members accountable for on-time completion of tasks as part of regular progress meetings.
- Conducts regular reviews with the executive sponsor and stakeholders to update on status and identify program/ program needs, issues and/or changes.
- Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for the program/program in accordance with enterprise policies, practices and on behalf of the executive sponsor.
- Manages the costs, financials and funding aspects of the MSP Transition Program.
- Ensures that transition to the new Managed Services Providers is implemented on schedule and on budget and program goals are accomplished in line with business objectives.
- Collaborates with PMO on periodic status reporting and managing scope, cost, and schedule health.
Directs and coordinates activities of program personnel to ensure the program progresses on value delivery schedule and within budget.
Ensures that the program delivers effective knowledge transfer, vendor validation, vendor operating performance measurement and reporting, and establishes processes and procedures for successful ongoing vendor management.
Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure, Information Security, Product, and Delivery teams to ensure delivery of all automation tools required for enabling application services and new automation capabilities in support of the Vendor Management Office.
Ensures the appropriate control framework is in place to effectively deliver segregation of duties and other IT controls as needed.
Where required, liaises with Product Management and Delivery teams to manage and prioritize work program and upcoming programs.
- External Education and Background: - MBA or MSc in IT related field, plus 8+ years working in a program management at an enterprise level, including scoping timelines/program plans, participating and or leading cross-functional teams, and owning deliverables
- Alternatively, bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field of study plus a minimum of 14 years of relevant professional experience, is required.
- PMP or PgMP certification preferred
- ITILv3 certification or above preferred
- Previous experience in an MSP vendor management role and/or MSP transition leadership position preferred
- Experience of working in a DevSecOps delivery environment preferred
- Managerial experience with a proven track record of success
- Exceptional program management, organization and communication skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders
- Proven experience in delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment