Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Familiar with a variety of the field`s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. May report directly to a project lead or manager. Requires a Bachelor`s degree and 2-4 years experience.
- The Software Engineer will be developing RESTful web services using JAX-RS and JSON. You will have knowledge of Software Design Patterns. You will develop unit tests using standard test frameworks such as Junit and Mockito.
- Will be testing web services using standard tools such as SoapUI.
- Will Install, configure, and maintain the web servers and application servers as needed.
- You will support Sapiens platform for upgrades and analyze and resolve vulnerabilities.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience writing Java/JEE code.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with within Tomcat/JBOSS/WebLogic/WebSphere application servers
- Minimum 1 year experience with JEE frameworks such as Struts, Spring and Hibernate.
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with standard Java development tools such as Git, Maven, Jenkins, and Nexus
- Experience with Eclipse or Intellij
- Experience with SQL Server and/or similar relational database systems
- Knowledge on No SQL databases (Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB) will be plus.
- Experience with some of the following Scripting languages: shell, .bat, yaml
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
A bachelors degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a Related Field