Network Engineer (Some Remote - Must be local to VA)
Protek Consulting Dulles, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a 6 month contract role that has a strong possibility of being extended or even going permanent with the client. This role is 99% remote as all work can be performed remotely but there will be an expectation for on-site meetings once every quarter. Client can only consider U.S. Citizens at this time.
We are looking to hire an experienced Senior Network Engineer to manage and maintain our company's enterprise network. As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for mentoring junior Network Engineering staff and handling advanced support issues. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the functional management of our network, the delegation of tasks, and the resolution of network issues.
To ensure success as a Senior Network Engineer, you should have extensive experience working with enterprise networks, high-level managerial skills, and advanced project management skills. A Top-class Senior Network Engineer ensures the networking team performs as a cohesive unit, maintaining the stability and performance of the network.
Senior Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with network architects to design and implement functional company networks.
- Installing and configuring networking hardware.
- Creating and implementing network security measures.
- Mentoring junior Network Engineering staff.
- Conducting regular network performance tests.
- Delegating networking maintenance tasks to junior staff.
- Dealing with escalated network support issues.
- Drawing up network status reports.
- Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer.
Network Engineering Technical Skills
• Subject Matter Expert: Firewall, Route, Switch
• Proficient supporting vendor IOS command line for Juniper, Cisco, Arista, PaloAlto
• Expert knowledge of Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks, Nexus 9k, 7k, 5k, 2k
• Experienced with VXLAN Networks, BGP EVPN
• Strong Load Balancing skills, configuration, management. F5 Big IP, Viprion platforms, Advanced load balancing features such as global load balancing, geofencing
• Experience with Cloud Computing architecture and virtual networking – NSX, Virtual Switching and Routing, SDWAN.
Network Engineering Soft Skills
• Proficient in analysis and problem solving, ability to work with other team and ability to assess customer needs and determining appropriate solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and adhere to systems security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies.
• Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to interface both internally and with the customer
Protek ConsultingWhy Work Here?
Work with a great team, for a manager who cares about your growth, for an entrepreneurial company with a great compensation plan!
PROTEK Consulting is a Rockville, Maryland based IT staffing firm with a top secret facility clearance. Owned and managed by industry veterans who have built and sold a successful staffing company in the past. With a highly competitive compensation plan, PROTEK is an organization that believes in the pay for performance business model. The team of recruiters, account managers and operations staff are all passionate about building a great company!