IT Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IT Migration Project Manager (Secret)
Fort Meade, Maryland
The Technical Project Manager will support planning, schedule development, develop plans for migration, projects, integration, and implementations. They perform schedule analysis, and more for the cradle to grave project planning for initiation, requirements gathering, scheduling, risk register, survey, design, and implementations at selected DoD and other agencies locations. Provides competent leadership and responsible project direction.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related technical field and 5 years of experience.
- PMP (or equivalent certification).
- Experience working with DISA or other DOD agencies highly desirable.
- Coordinating all on-site activities to ensure the smooth flow of projects Directing completion of tasks within estimated time frames and budget constraints Based on staffing plans, scheduling and assigning duties to team members (engineers, cable technicians, CAD operators, technical writers) in a multi-vendor, matrixed environment
- Interface with Program and Deputy Program Managers, and Government planning and Technical Management personnel including, but not limited to, the site technical and managerial representatives.
- Provide reports in writing and orally to management, customers, and Government representatives
- Review labor hours allocated for each person/position as they are provided, and providing input for adjustments to the labor hours in Estimated Time to Complete (ETC) activities Primary tasks throughout the project are broken down into three major phases: Initiation/Planning/Survey, Design, and Implementation
- Develop and maintain task-linked schedules with resource loading to ensure timely completion of activities and resource deconfliction
- Brief and communicate effectively with a broad audience to include Government officials and highly specialized technical personnel, both verbally and in writing
- Analyze and develop schedules, flowcharts, briefing slide decks, lessons learned and other artifacts to support project and program management, planning, and execution
- Briefs project status to key stakeholders using various medium and applications
- Have flexible working hours to be available to support team when needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and facilitate planning and demonstrations
- Ability to track, manage, and ensure project tasks are completed in a timely manner
Initiation, Planning, Survey
- Capture and document requirements, risk, assumptions and develop a high-level or initial schedule using a boilerplate schedule based on similar activities
- Manage all aspects of projects from initiation through close out
- Identify, develop, and track key metrics and key performance indicators
- Identify and display project critical path and manage project actuals against baseline schedule
- Use schedule resource loading to facilitate planning and schedule/resource deconfliction
- Support and as necessary lead planning and activities IPTs and meetings
- Develop migration, integration, and implementation plans
- Develop and conduct what-if options to determine likely completion dates based on different variables
- Receive the Pre-Site Survey Questionnaire from the site and coordinate with review team to track and ensure completion of site survey questionnaire analysis and site survey approach
- Review and completing the questionnaire through discussions with the site personnel, DISA, and 4E team members.
- Manage and support the migration team travel activities and completion of actions to include site survey report, equipment installation, and customer/system cut over The team usually consists of network engineers and cable technicians. Ensure the team members are resource loaded into the Project schedule to manage resource deconfliction in the IMS
- Provide inputs and recommendations to the IMS
- Conduct schedule and project analysis to include technical understanding to identify risks and required changes for completeness
- Establishing the survey schedule, coordinating travel (as necessary), and ensuring all appropriate survey documents and equipment
- Managing the resources (engineers, cable technicians, technical writers, CAD operators) necessary for the completion of a Preliminary Network Design Communicating with the site and DODNet teams as necessary
- Performing a “cross-walk” of documents to ensure consistency throughout the report prior to delivery to the customer
- Ensure completeness of products for sites
- Work with site to ensure timeliness and submission of pre-site survey questionnaire
- Track and manage entry criteria for travel activities
- Interfacing with site, service and DISA representatives regarding completion of deployment critical items and coordinating the schedule for implementation kick off meeting and walk through, delivery of IBOM/EBOM, storage facilities, work areas for team, and other site meetings and briefings.
- Reviewing and completing the questionnaire through discussions with the site personnel, DISA, and 4E team members
- Develop briefings to provide project status and provide answers for questions and key concerns
- Capture lessons learned and communicate to the Program to ensure continuous improvement
- Ensuring sufficient copies of the final design are available for the team, coordinating delivery of necessary testers, job boxes, and other tools, and through coordination with the Senior Engineer, ensuring the Infrastructure and Electronic Task Lists are current and complete.
- Attending the site kick off and walk through, to include providing a briefing to the DISA and/or 4E agency staff that explains the process and proposed schedule, and introduces the team members.
- Walks through the entire facility, comparing the final design with the actual condition at the site
- Creating Engineering Change Requests for necessary modifications to the design. Ensuring the IBOM and EBOM are inventoried by the team and resolves any discrepancies noted.
- Leading/managing migration cut over activities, collecting daily status, consolidating and up-channeling status. Providing day-to-day management oversight of the current installation, to include monitoring and reviewing activities to ensure compliance with contract guidelines, DISA guidelines, and applicable commercial/industry standards (i.e., TIA/EIA, NEC, BICSI). Coordinating with the site to ascertain the best time to perform cutover, to include arranging staff schedules to accommodate cutover.
- Validating with appropriate staff that all necessary actions are complete, reviewing all work with site POC, and obtaining site acceptance of the network. Ensures complete documentation has been captured to document the new network environment prior to departure from the site.
- Must be US Citizen
Protek ConsultingWhy Work Here?
QUALITY. PEOPLE. RESULTS.
We work tirelessly in pursuit of the perfect match for our clients, with the ultimate goal of becoming one of their strategic business partners. We value and strive for a long-term relationship not short-term gain. We put our client’s interest in from of our own. We work really hard to understand our client’s underlying interests not just surface “wants”. We are genuinely passionate and enthusiastic about connecting our clients with the perfect match.
830 Chisholm AvenueBethesda, MD