***MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE***
Clinical System Administrator
The Contractor shall support Clinical Information Systems to include perform ongoing maintenance of associated medical applications, which include but are not limited to: Composite Health Care System (CHCS), AHLTA, AudioCare, HAIMS, and the Application Virtualization and Hosting Environment (AVHE). The Contractor will respond to Helpdesk (Tier-1 and Tier-2) trouble calls supporting accessibility and utilization of Clinical Applications, troubleshoot user workstation/application functionality. The Contractor shall support clinical software applications and their associated patches and security updates and/or version updates, support Patient Context Management, verify CITRIX connectivity, and Medical Single Sign-On (MSSO). Provide account administration of 3000+ users, assigning correct role-based capabilities, security keys and access controls; Perform system and file/table management/maintenance and error handling of the DoD Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) associated with data exchange between the Department of Defense (DOD) and Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The Contractor will conduct daily walk-thru (1 medical hospital and 8 associated medical clinics) and provide over-the-shoulder assistance to users to ensure proper processes are being used and systems/application anomalies are addressed as identified. Perform data trend analysis and collect functionality metrics to support troubleshooting/ resolution efforts and assist in the identification of clinic/facility wide issues. Perform ad hoc report generation by developing or executing FILEMAN reports, CACHE, Business Objects or Crystal Reports tools may be used.
- 3 years’ experience with CIS
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to pass a government background/credit check
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective oral and written communication to internal and external customers.
- Ability to explain technical aspects in layman’s terms, apply critical thinking skills to job responsibilities, and develop/apply alternative solutions to solve problems.
- Team player who can collaborate with peers and medical staff to develop, enhance, and update clinical systems, and adapt to change easily.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, Project, and Internet Explorer.
- Knowledge of Citrix XenAPP
- Clinical or other medical professional background.
- IT background with emphasis on CIS; does not need to be extensive as long as the applicant is trainable.
- Knowledge of DOD and DON clinical and business systems policies.
- Working knowledge of the aforementioned clinical systems.
- CompTIA Security+ certification