Application Systems Analyst (Remote For Now)
Protek Consulting McLean, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client a leader in innovative IT solutions and professional services for federal clients, is seeking motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (Client), Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), we anticipate performing software development and application enhancements on this O&M contract using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and DevSecOps processes. Our client is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a SAFe Agile release planning team implementing CI/CD pipeline to support one our nation's most critical homeland missions – the storage and processing of student and exchange visitor information for national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, intelligence, background investigations, and associated testing, training, management reporting, planning and analysis.
Application Systems Analyst Lead to support the Department of Homeland Security (Client) Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) contract.
The Application Systems Analyst Lead will have overall responsibility in application design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation and standards, and instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel.
- Bachelor's degree with eight (8) or more years of relevant experience designing software systems, domain analysis and implementation:
- Extensive experience with JBoss Developer (RHCJD) or Oracle Certified Professional, Java Enterprise Edition (EE)
- Extensive experience with Oracle Database 12c (or greater)
- Experience as a lead developer with a progressive record of accomplishment in the field
- Experience implementing the MVC Development Methodology (Model/View/Controller)
- Experience with developing and managing data models with tools such as Erwin
- Experience designing and developing solutions with Java Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) in an SaFe Agile Software Development environment
- Experience developing solutions using Message Services, such as management of Apache ActiveMQ, MuleSoft and/or Apache Camel
- Experience with DevSecOps pipeline tools including configuration management, requirements (e.g. JIRA), automated testing, and deployment
- Experience developing applications with responsive web design frameworks to support multiple platforms including compatibility with but not limited to Chrome, Internet Explorer, Java, and iOS
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with significant experience presenting in front of product owners
- Experience designing and implementing Single Sign-On (SSO) solutions using Microsoft Active Directory and Personal Identity Verification (PIV) cards
- Experience in determining level of effort, size and schedule for software enhancements
- Proven experience working in an agile environment
- Designing and developing CI/CD pipeline strategies
EDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor's degree with eight (8) or more years of relevant experience designing software systems, domain analysis and implementation
PROTEK Consulting is a Rockville, Maryland based IT staffing firm with a top secret facility clearance. Owned and managed by industry veterans who have built and sold a successful staffing company in the past. With a highly competitive compensation plan, PROTEK is an organization that believes in the pay for performance business model. The team of recruiters, account managers and operations staff are all passionate about building a great company!