Job Description: Sales Development Representative (Enterprise Sales)
Location: Milpitas, CA/REMOTE
Protegrity is at an important moment in our company’s history.
Our culture is a mixture between a well-established company with a 15-year history developing industry leading data security software solutions; combined with a startup environment focused on innovation and continuous iteration and process improvement.
Our customers make up some of the world's largest and most well-respected companies in the key industries such as banking, retail, insurance who trust Protegrity to protect their most sensitive data.
Now it’s time to scale.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will generate meetings with prospective customers for our sales team. The overall goal is to build pipeline by uncovering and advancing qualified sales opportunities.
The SDR will work directly with our experienced Account Executives and have the opportunity to learn the tricks of the enterprise software sales trade while building critical pipeline.
The ideal candidate is seeking to jumpstart or re-invigorate their career by aligning their work into two of the world's hottest industries: data & cybersecurity.
Prior industry experience is not required, but a genuine appetite for learning, innovating, and geeking out about business technology is critical.
There is significant room for growth and intercompany mobility as Protegrity expands at a rapid pace.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Curiosity with a focus on continuous iteration and process improvement
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. – You will work with various internal departments, as well as prospective customers.
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Technical aptitude. You can learn new programs and have a knack for picking them up quickly
A day in the life…
The SDR will work directly with the sales team strategizing and then executing outbound lead generation efforts (cadence of calls, emails, LinkedIn messages) to prospects at target accounts leveraging our www.Outreach.io sales engagement tool. This incredible tool sits on top of Salesforce so you won’t have to worry about manually logging calls and emails into CRM.
In addition to collaboration with the sales team – the SDR partners with Protegrity’s marketing department following up on inbound leads and various marketing campaigns.
Once the SDR sparks the interest of the right prospects from target and strategic accounts into meeting with the Protegrity sales team – you’ll then listen in on calls, takes notes and familiarize yourself with our solutions and how we provide business value by solving data security and privacy problems for our customers.
- You have studied abroad, done solo travel or lived internationally
- You have experience in service industry
- You are used to working for the small and scrappy underdog
- You are a thinker and a doer, allowing you to contribute big ideas but also be hands-on when it comes to implementing those ideas.
- You speak your mind, have no issue raising concerns with other company leaders, but are also able to “disagree and commit” when things don’t go your way.
- When you don’t know how to do something, you’ll admit it and make a quick assessment of whether it’s something you can figure out, if you’ll need help, and where that help should come from.