The Customer Service Specialist accomplishes department and company’s mission of providing “World Class Customer Service” by making each customer contact an easy and pleasurable experience. Manages the Flooring Products customer base from initial customer requests for products from the initial contact (phone, fax or email) to shipping for all building products. This is a full-time position with competitive benefits and pay.
*Please include salary requirements in cover letter. Work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm.
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non essential or marginal duties that may be required. Protecto Wrap Company reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
Maintain Flooring Products Customer Base (Customer Service Duties):
- Receive/Take order from customer (Phone, Fax or Email)
- Order entry order into MAS.
- Verifies Bill to
- Verifies Ship to ( Ship to codes should not be used unless the address is the correct address);
- Request new ship to codes from Accounts Receivable as needed
- Enters new addresses into the system without a code until new code is received.
- Verifies Quantity
- Verifies Price
- Ensures price in MAS matches PO or
- Refers to price pages to verify the correct price.
- Notifies accounting manager of any incorrect pricing in MAS, include a copy of the appropriate price page for documentation.
- Ensures pricing has not changed from the time of order entry unless it is a non-recurring special offer.
- Identifies Taxable Customers, applies the appropriate sales tax by locality.
- Verify product availability in writing
- Obtain confirmation from production of product availability or
- Obtains confirmation from production when product will be available if needed, in a time frame less than our standard delivery time
- Notify customer, within 24 hours of receipt of order, if product is not or cannot be available by requested delivery date, revise order if necessary
- Send sales order, via fax or email, to customer within 24 hours of receipt of order or finalization of changes if there are product availability issues for confirmation signature. Include:
- Notice of any changes from PO received (ie: part numbers, quantity)
- Include freight and fuel charges or notice that charges will be added
- Expected Ship Date
- Determining Freight carrier, Freight rates
- Preparing customs paperwork for shipping outside of U.S.
- Obtain customer confirmation signature on sales order before releasing order to be processed/shipped
- Resolve any exceptions or notes the customer adds to the sales order before releasing order
- Repeat the process of obtaining a signed sales order until there are no exceptions or handwritten changes
- Follow up with customer if signed sales order is not received within 48 hours to avoid delayed shipment. Revise and resend if necessary.
- Print warehouse and shipping documents and place in box of warehouse assistant.
- Follow up with customer, via email if possible, of any changes in the expected ship date
- Receives and handles escalated customer service calls
- Attend weekly production scheduling meetings
- Answer main line phone as needed
- Responsible for processing Electric Data Interface process
- Create and maintain procedures and process flows
Software – Utilizes Microsoft Office products; Outlook, Word and Excel effectively, maintaining knowledge of changing products. Utilizes MAS order entry/tracking/accounting software effectively.
High School Diploma or GED. College coursework in Business Administration is preferred.
2 years experience in providing sales ordering/customer service, preferably in a manufacturing to sales environment.
- Accounting/order entry software experience (MAS)
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products; Outlook, Word and Excel
- EDI processing
(An equivalent combination of education and work experience that satisfy the requirements of the job may be sufficient).