Protective Industrial Products, Inc. Cincinnati, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
The Operation Manager is responsible for the management of all distribution personnel and the overall responsibility for the material handling, receiving, shipping and warehouse operations and coordinating activities with the other departments in a manner which will result in meeting production schedules and customer delivery dates consistent with customer expectations. The primary duties of Operations Manager include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established health and safety guidelines, quality initiatives and enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Works closely with sales, order management, customer service and others to deliver orders on time within customer compliance guidelines
- Works with Director of Operations to ensure On-Time shipping meets or exceeds 99%, troubleshoot issues and optimize OTIF
- Understands/anticipates staffing needs and works with Human Resources to recruit and maintain appropriate staffing levels in all DC departments
- Report potential problems to Director of Operations prior to reaching crisis point.
- Review and control inventory levels.
- Oversee preparation and scheduling of production department
- Support supervisors with KPI metrics through Manage Daily Improvement (MDI) board.
- Work with Management and staff to drive operational improvements in focused areas and fully support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Review and update SOP’s and job descriptions
- Perform corrective actions and terminate employees
- Participate in weekly sales meetings
- Escalate potential service risks to Director of Operations
- Work with Shipping Supervisors and Transportation Specialist to ensure on time delivery of all shipments
- Ensure accuracy of warehouse on hand inventory
- Listen effectively. Engage empathy, open to new ideas, willingness to accept directives, engage with a people/business mindset
- Conduct regular performance reviews of direct reports. Teach, coach and mentor teams/individuals
- Other duties as assigned
- Limited travel may be required among PIP locations
A Bachelor’s Degree and/or related quality experience; or equivalent combination of education and related supply chain experience is required. A minimum of five years’ experience in a warehouse supervisory or management role in a distribution environment with demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred.
Operations Managers are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Excellent visionary, strategic and courageous leadership skills
- Problem solving via innovation & creativity
- Strong thinking/problem-solving skills which can be applied to business processes with a "can-do" attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills preferred
Protective Industrial Products, Inc.
Protective Industrial Products, Inc. (PIP), a global organization headquartered in Latham, NY is a leading provider of hand protection and PPE to Industrial and Construction markets. Recent growth includes the joining of West Chester Protective Gear, Worldwide Protective Products, QRP, Uniform Technology, Boss Gloves and Caiman Gloves into the PIP family. Combined, we are now a referenced global leader in Hand Protection and Safety products.
BusinessView all jobs at Protective Industrial Products, Inc.