Personnel Security Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Initiate preliminary suitability review at the time of security clearance application.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate results of investigations to recommend employment, suitability/fitness, credentialing, and/or security clearance eligibility to a government adjudicator.
- Summarize investigative issues on the adjudicator worksheet, recommend approval/disapproval, and annotate pertinent suitability factors and security guidelines, as applicable.
- Corroborate or mitigate serious derogatory information.
- Determine if additional inquiries are necessary to resolve discrepant, negative, or contradictory information and request such inquiries in accordance with DCMS-34 policies and procedures, processing completed responses expeditiously.
- Formulate a recommended course of action consistent with adjudicative guidelines or suitability factors.
- Update the security tracking system with the status of assigned cases.
- Prepare letters for Federal signature to caution or to grant, deny or revoke national security eligibility conforming to templates and following correspondence standards.
- Analyze responses from subjects and make final recommendations based on suitability and security criteria
- Review internal record checks to determine if there are any open internal cases which may have a bearing on the employee’s background investigation and include the information in the adjudicator’s worksheet.
- Enter all required data into the Personnel Security Systems accurately with zero errors.
- 2 years minimum of previous experience adjudicating personnel security background investigations for eligibility and suitability for federal government employment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook Theoretical and practical project management knowledge
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- US Citizenship required.
- Currently hold or ability to obtain Secret level clearance
Protection Strategies Inc
Real EstateView all jobs at Protection Strategies Inc