Director of Sales - Cannabis
- Expired: April 01, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Our Company - Prospiant, the agriculture technology business portfolio of Gibraltar Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: ROCK), and the leading U.S.-based provider of turnkey controlled environment agriculture (CEA) solutions for growing fruits, vegetables, hemp, and cannabis. The company has expertise in custom-designed, manufactured and installed greenhouses for research, education, and retail garden centers. We're also the only provider of soil-to-oil cannabis ecosystems globally including technologies for the cultivation, extraction, and refinement of cannabinoids.
Prospiant embodies long-term stability with the unmatched financial strength and end-to-end expertise of our heritage brands; gained during more than 185 years of combined business success. Our customers rely on our expertise to succeed in these markets:
- Produce - growers of fruits and vegetables located closer to grocery retailers and restaurants they supply
- Cannabis - greenhouse and indoor grow cultivators of cannabis and hemp; extractors and refiners of cannabinoids in legalized medicinal and recreational states and countries
- Commercial - growers of flowers and plants as well as greenhouses for educational, research and institutional organizations and retail businesses
Gibraltar Industries (NASDAQ: ROCK) is a leading manufacturer and provider of products and services for the renewable energy, agtech, residential, and infrastructure markets.
Gibraltar operates 38 facilities in 17 states, Canada, China, and Japan. These businesses operate through 27 manufacturing facilities and two distribution centers, giving them a base of operations to provide customer support, delivery, service and quality to several regional and national customers. Gibraltar's common stock is a component of the S&P SmallCap 600 and the Russell 2000® Index.
The Director Sales will be responsible driving growth and market penetration of Cultivation & Processing solutions including market understanding, sales management, sales strategy, business development, and offering approach within the rapidly evolving Cannabis market. Leadership responsibility includes developing and driving the commercial process, architecting and developing a high-performance sales organization, ensuring accountability and driving business results. The Director and his/her team will have a deep understanding of customer personas, key decision makers and their respective journeys, tailoring the strategy and sales approach for maximum customer engagement. The operating environment will be highly collaborative and reliant on strong working relationships with other functions (especially Operations and Strategy/Marketing) to be successful, both for the Director and his/her team. As a senior leader, s/he will be a key member of the Prospiant leadership team with the following high-level objectives:
- Driving sales growth above market while improving margins and expanding market leadership in Cannabis Growing and Processing Solutions.
- Collaborating on and delivering innovative solutions for construction, startup, and operation of full scope Growing and Processing operations. Setting the pace with a fluctuating and emergent collection of competitors, customers, and solutions.
- Developing and executing a robust commercial process and high-performance team anchored with digital enablement.
- Fostering a workplace environment that embraces operational excellence and continuous innovation across all business functions and teams.
- Exhibiting superior leadership practices, sourcing and maximizing talent, and cultivating new and future leaders.
Driving Sales and Margin Results
- Build a high-performance sales team structured to engage with a range of customers from Multi-State operators to individual owner-operators and utilizing a metric driven project pursuit process anchored in customer engagement systems (CRM).
- Champion the development and institutionalization of solutions selling capability and process and the shared systems underlying that process.
- Establish sound financial and operational practices, aligned with other business verticals, that provide accurate and timely reporting and analyses. Ensure all documented procedures, definitions, and statements reflect corporate's high standards and expectations.
- Set and communicate clear, aggressive, and achievable revenue goals intended to meet and exceed financial forecasts. Require full and accurate accountability from all leaders and key individual contributors.
- Partner with Business Development to identify key product areas to add to portfolio.
- Identify and mitigate business and operational risks that could threaten financial performance or customer commitments.
- Effectively orchestrate all business reporting activities, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Collaborate closely with Operations to develop effective project budgets, schedules, work plans, resource requirements, cost estimates, site safety, and sales volumes.
Rapid Solution and Market Development
- Leverage existing internal expertise and processes to produce inventive, highly market-competitive cannabis growing and processing solutions.
- Adopt an immersive approach to evaluating and interpreting the current critical market drivers and anticipating evolving demand and technologies. Exploit key network resources to validate forecasts and popular theories.
- Actively participate in industry-related conferences, events, and associated activities to establish brand relevancy and thought leadership.
- Integrate significant product and service innovations into formal, short-, mid-, and long-term planning.
Detailed Strategic Planning
- Coordinate market-specific strategies, resource demands, and customer needs with peer leaders across the Prospiant team.
- Regularly monitor and adjust established strategic commitments to reflect fluctuations in business demands and capacities.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date understanding of cannabis laws and regulations. Follow corporate protocols to influence and inform targeted decision-makers and legislators.
Talent Management and Leadership
- Proactively facilitate and advocate Leadership Development and Talent Management activities through programs, policies, mentorship, and leading by example.
- Support the development of Workforce Analyses. Apply findings to build talent capabilities within the workforce and leadership to meet strategic goals.
- Firmly instill the values, mission, and culture of the company. Operate with the highest degree of ethical and personal standards. Maintain and demonstrate strong employee engagement.
- Effectively manage direct reports and broader staff to ensure proper staffing to meet team goals on a short- and long-term basis.
- Lead with courage. Conduct performance coaching and/or feedback sessions and a formal performance review annually; take appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Identify and develop top talent within the organization as future Gibraltar leaders. Identify where capabilities and skillsets in one portion of the business can help another portion via leverage and collaboration. Integrate new talent into the business segments as appropriate.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Sales Management and/or Business Development and 5 years working directly with cannabis market products, solutions, or durable goods production. Significant exposure to market leaders and premium producers.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Agriculture or related field required.
- Proven experience in implementing sales best practices and SOPs into selling and customer relationship management activities, sales pipeline management and opportunity tracking.
- Documented success in entering nascent or expanding markets and rapidly producing significant results. Has consistently met or exceeded progressive sales targets in retail, digital e-commerce, distributor, and/or business-to-business channels.
- An established, collaborative business development leader who routinely drives sales strategy execution, fosters outstanding customer relationships and leads market expansion. Strong history of top-line revenue growth against established goals.
- Proof of quantifiable growth and notable outcomes at a business unit or facility level. A confident, poised manager who engenders excellent performance and commitment.
- Adept at leveraging sophisticated analytics and data to identify key growth opportunities, measure success, and resolve underperformance.
- Success in working in a matrixed environment, supporting a team approach to customer engagement, and highly collaborative approaches to working across the business.
- Able to travel on an as-needed basis with an average travel expectation of ~40%.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Execution Focus: The Director will distinctly lead with an intense focus on achieving customer and business deliverables on-time, within budget, and with impeccable quality. Builds the group and equips with strategic vision.
- Building Collaborative Relationships : This individual will be a willing and energetic partner in all facets of the operation. A ...
AddressCincinnati, OH45208 USA
BusinessView all jobs at Prospiant, Inc.