Member Service Associate
- Posted: over a month ago
Join us at Prospera Credit Union and become part of a team that is passionately committed to providing personal, tailored financial guidance to each of our members.
At Prospera Credit Union, people aren't just numbers or transactions and you won't be treated that way either.
We currently have an opening at our Menasha branch for a Member Service Associate!
As a Member Service Associate, you will provide superior service to all members offering a full range of products and services through meaningful conversations. You will strive to help members improve their financial situation by working with them to assess their financial needs, open deposit and savings accounts, discuss loan products and assist on the teller line.
In this role you will consistently assist the credit union in delivering its Brand Promise to members of "Personal, Tailored Financial Guidance across all Life Stages". You will positively support Prospera Credit Union's Accountability Equation of Actions + Behaviors = Me + You and promote a service culture consistent with the credit union's mission, core values and guiding principles.
As a member of our dynamic team you will be responsible for:
- Act as the face of the organization and first point of contact for members:
- Build and maintain positive rapport with members and actively solicit their needs and suggestions
- Conduct teller transactions fulfill the needs of the members accurately and balance each day
- Resolve account errors and provide maintenance on accounts for members. Assist members in identifying potential problems and present solutions along with associated advantages and drawbacks
- Provide assistance to members needs including opening and closing accounts. Set up or update account maintenance for payroll changes, ordering checks, change of address, etc.
- Educate members about convenience service options such as online banking, mobile app banking, text banking, bill pay, deposit image ATM services and other electronic banking services
- Assist employees with call to members for additional information needed
- Utilize networking skills when developing and expanding member relations
- Execute vision and mission of Prospera Credit Union at the branch level:
- Engaging members and working to improve members financial situation
- Serve as an expert resource for product and services offered by Prospera Credit Union
- Take responsibility for lobby traffic and communicate member coverage needs to the team. Coordinate scheduling when necessary
- Demonstrate effective team skills through involvement in projects, meetings or business goals
- Assist in collaborating and advising members on finding the right solutions for their borrowing needs:
- Provides education and consultation to members for their borrowing needs
- Performs credit bureau reviews for members
- Basic knowledge of all lending products
- Calculates lending ratios accurately
- Ensures all lending paperwork in accurately collected and processed
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities through member interactions:
- Makes appropriate referrals based on member needs
- Maximizes partner relationships (Prosperity Partners, Mortgage Partners, Business Partners) to deepen member relationships
- Educates members on other products such as Payment Protection, Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) and Mechanical repair Coverage (MRC)
- Provide Support to the Branch
- Authorize check holds up to assigned limits and utilize team members for higher level cash access decisions when necessary
- Assist co-workers with check hold decisions
- Assist in other areas to develop understanding of various membership services, practices and procedures.
- Understand and accountable for executing all job functions in a way that is consistent with all requirements of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the USA Patriot Act/Customer Identification ACT (CIP).
- Provides support to other branch functions as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
**What could make YOU a great candidate for this opportunity?**
- Two years of prior teller experience preferred
- Retail financial experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for helping others
- Working knowledge of basic math, including the ability to balance cash drawer activities
- Ability to hear, assimilate and solve problems quickly, using a member service approach
- Working knowledge of deposit and loan products
- Ability to adapt to changing job responsibilities quickly and effectively
- Desire to achieve and reach for goals
If this describes you and you are looking for a great opportunity to join a growing team, let's talk!
~No candidate will meet all of these desired qualifications. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you feel you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!~
We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package and a fun, family-oriented culture.
Prospera Credit Union is a local, member-owned financial institution in the Fox Valley area. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work in a fun, friendly, team-oriented atmosphere.
Life is short. Work somewhere awesome!
Prospera Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Teller: 2 years (Preferred)
- Retail Financial: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cash handling/customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Menasha Branch - 849 Warsaw St, Menasha, WI 54952
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
Company's Facebook page:
Prospera Credit Union
BusinessView all jobs at Prospera Credit Union