Assistant Branch Manager
- Expired: February 08, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Life is short. Work somewhere awesome! Join us at Prospera Credit Union and become part of a team that is passionately committed to providing personal, tailored financial guidance to each of our members.
At Prospera Credit Union, people aren't just numbers or transactions and you won't be treated that way either.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager assists with all management functions of the branch while working closely with the Branch Manager, Director of Retail and Chief Experience Officer. The Assistant Branch Manager will assist in supervision of all branch activities with a working knowledge of the daily operations of the credit union, including lending and member service.
The Assistant Branch Manager will consistently assist the credit union in delivering its Brand Promise to members of "Personal, Tailored Financial Guidance across all Life Stages". This consists of fostering a positive working environment for employee empowerment through coaching and support and uses leadership skills to develop an efficient, strong and positive team. Positively supports Prospera Credit Union's Accountability Equation of Actions + Behaviors = Me + You and promotes a service culture consistent with the credit union's mission, core values and guiding principles.
- Supervises Member Service Associates and Member Service Rep staff
- Fills in for any branch position and handles all job duties related to that position when necessary for the efficient operation of the branch.
- Promotes an empowerment culture. Holds staff meetings on a regular basis to communicate branch and/or credit union vision, strategies and changes.
- Assists with training, direction and coaching of staff in fostering a sales and service culture.
- Positively motivates staff in cross-selling activities to foster fun challenging environment to meet or exceed operational objectives with regard to sales, service and financial objectives.
- Coordinates with other branches to assure appropriate staffing at branch is achieved as to provide exceptional member service.
- Assists with the completion of Performance Reviews and Individual Development Plans in a timely manner and works with Branch Manager to recommend salary adjustments and promotions.
- Assists with written documentation of policy and procedural violations or inadequate performance of employees and recommends disciplinary action to Human Resources, Branch Manager, and the Director of Retail, before taking action.
- Participates in interviews for hiring of new branch employees. May make hiring recommendations but does not have authority to extend offer of employment.
Operations, Security and Compliance
- Ensures the Branch Operations Checklist is completed on a quarterly basis
- Resolves account problems and provides information to members quickly, professionally while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ensures the branch is in compliance with federal and state laws set forth by the NCUA and Office of Credit Unions including but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, USA Patriot Act, Reg. E, Reg. CC, etc.
- Researches and recommends procedural and operational process changes as appropriate and develops alternate solutions to enhance branch profitability.
- Monitors or participates in cash balancing
- Manages the security and safety of the branch by analyzing and enforcing policy and procedures.
- Performs all Loan Officer responsibilities within the policy authority, guidelines and limitations from application to closing.
- Solicits consumer loan applications and informs members of current rates, payment calculations and lending services offered by the credit union.
- Interviews credit applicants, evaluates credit scoring and recommends loan decisions to underwriting.
- Accurately prepares all loan documentation prior to closing, inputs on system. Verify and document all collateral offered as security.
- Closes and disburses approved loans. Prepares, sends and processes notifications to members.
- Performs all member service responsibilities within the policy authority, guidelines and limitations.
- Works with the Branch Manager and/or Director of Retail on member service issues and supervising branch staff.
- Performs MSS duties including but not limited to: verifying identity, ordering member checks and check copies, opening and educating members about accounts and certificates, reprinting and reconciling statements, ordering Debit Cards and PINs, accepting credit card applications, processing address changes, reporting and re-ordering lost/stolen cards, placing stop payments on accounts, setting up automatic loan payment transfers, running credit reports, etc.
- Must be a notary and maintain NMLS status.
- Follow all established credit union policies.
- Attend department and corporate meetings and trainings.
- Occasionally travel to other locations to provide staffing coverage.
- All other responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A minimum of one year of related management experience.
- Experience in a credit union is a plus.
- Motivating or influencing others is a material part of the job.
- The role requires a significant level of trust and diplomacy.
If you are looking for a great opportunity to join a growing team, let's talk!
Prospera Credit Union is a local, member-owned financial institution in the Fox Valley area. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work in a fun, friendly, team-oriented atmosphere.
Life is short. Work somewhere awesome!
Prospera Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Prospera Credit Union
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Prospera Credit Union
Get fresh Credit Union jobs daily straight to your inbox!